The Hide-and-Seek and the Darkness and the First Love (2)

"Eh, why're you crying?"

"I'm not crying."

"...... but, my cheeks are getting wet."

Narahashi who grew flustered as tears spilled from his eyes in large drops, wiped his tears with his sleeve. His fair cheeks turned red.

I stared intently at Narahashi's face as his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth became 一 shaped.

He'll be cute if only he's this docile and meek normally. After all, his face was arranged to be quite amorous. Although the Prince, Soutarou and Kaname are also beauties, Narahashi is the refined type.

"Shut up. I hate bunny-chan."

Even though he was all deredere just up until a moment ago, he suddenly became tsuntsun[1]. What on earth's going on.

Not even willing to converse, somehow this became incredibly tiresome. Mitsuki's probably worried too and while I want to leave Narahashi behind and return home, I can't do that. Besides, I want to think of myself as someone who won't do such a heartless thing.

No matter how unlikeable I found Narahashi, I can't just abandon someone who's crying and return home.

Even though he took on a tsuntsun attitude, he's still gripping my shirt so tightly that I can't move an inch.

As I let out a small breath while wondering what to do, the fluorescent light suddenly went off with a loud "bachitto".

It became pitch dark in a split second. I was surprised, but the moonlight entering from the window was enough for one to determine what was where. There's no need to panic if it's just this much, huh.

"Kaichou, are you okay?"

"Un...... Hey, bunny-chan."

"Un? What's up?"

Narahashi finally got off from my waist.

I'm glad he got off as my waist and my shoulders were becoming numb. Stimulating my numb muscles, I somehow managed to sit up and leaned my back against the cardboard. Narahashi then adhered himself perfectly to me and sat down.

Even though he's too close, this isn't the atmosphere where I can ask him to back off. I'll remain silent and wait for him to speak.

Narahashi watched from the side as I slowly put my shirt in order. I couldn't find my tie with the vicinity being this dark. Forget it, I'll search for it tomorrow.

"Bunny-chan, you said that I shallowly spoke superficial words of love and that I'm just scared of being alone, right."

"...... Ah. I won't apologise."

Even though I felt sincerely sorry that those words made him cry, I don't think I did a bad thing.

Those were veracious words. I worry for the futures of maidens who offered up their bodies to this guy's superficial words of love.

"That's fine. It's true after all."

"Are you afraid of being alone?"

"That's right. I'm scared. Loneliness is a scary thing."

The way he spoke was chock-full of sentiments.

I who grew curious turned to look at Narahashi's face and it just so happened that he was also gazing at me. I reflexively backed away from the surprise of being so close.

"Wait, Narahashi-kaichou, you're too close."

"Is bunny-chan afraid of the dark?"

"Nope, just this much is fine."