The Sports Festival and the Odd-Jobber and the Staying Over (6)

I was thinking how terrifying how terrifying, however once I went for it, it lasted but a moment.

We, the Year 2 Class A volleyball team, got 4th place at the end of the day, and secured 10th place overall. This result was mainly obtained by the good performance of Soutarou, Prince and Kaname. These fellows, they have the looks and they excel in sports, exactly how much are they blessed with. Do bestow some unto me too.

In the first place, the thing called volleyball isn't something very complicated.
The team that scores 25 points first wins. The team that procures 2 sets of out 3, wins. The rules are clear-cut and simple.
Return the ball that comes flying within 3 contacts. The team that lets it drop loses. What an easily-understandable rule.

Even so, I can't accomplish that. Even for a normal high school student playing volleyball, there's no issue height-wise for me, and this may be a repetition but I don't think my reflexes are that bad. Nonetheless, ballgames alone, I'm not up to them.

I was allowed to get someone to sub in after pleading, but I still had to participate because of the decision from the staff's side that one must appear in the match at least once.

I only participated for a round, hence the game managed to conclude safely without giving birth to a tragedy. I'm really glad. I'm nothing short of delighted that it ended without me dragging everyone down in some strange way.

"Oii, Sakuraiーit's over here this time, okay."

"Haai, I'm coming now!"

My final task as an odd-jobber was tidying up.
Both the Student Council and Sports Committee are also tidying up, but somehow this was quite the heavy labour. Things like rackets and balls are somewhat heavy when there's a large amount of them.

"Umeda-san, is it okay as long as I carry this?"

"Un, bring that to the 1st gymnasium's storeroom. I'll also be bringing this."

"Haai."

Umeda may be a Student Council member, but in terms of Dokidoki Renai Kakumei Revolution, he's a minor character, not a capturable character.

Subaru said the only capturable characters in the Student Council are Takayanagi and Junya, and that Umeda was prepared for the sake of moving the story forward. He's a character positioned between a supporting character and a minor character.

When there's a necessity for an aide who enables you to converse with the main characters, but it's not important enough that the other main characters have to be brought out, such a convenient character ―― that is Umeda. That's why Umeda's in the Student Council, and also enrolled in the Basketball Club that has ties with Soutarou and Kaname.

Therefore, this Umeda Daichi wasn't set to be very cool.
However, he's a character that somehow feels comforting.
He has precisely the visual image that gives a feeling of a normal high school boy.

I picked up the volleyball net that was left by my feet. This isn't heavy but it's bulky and hard to carry.

"Sakurai, you've really worked hard. I'm saying this as a Student Council member, but you really helped us out."

"Ah, no. I also relatively enjoyed it."

With this, my work at the Student Council has also come to an end, huh. It seems like I can live peacefully for a while from now on.

"Still, next is the school end-of-term exams, huh~"

"End-of-term, exams?"

My feelings of wanting to live peacefully was shattered in an instant.