Chapter 9 - The Training Camp and the Moonlight and the Palpitation (3)

The route for this kimodameshi entails passing through the gymnasium at the starting point, the infirmary, the science lab and finally the music room. After which, participants simply have to write their names on the blackboard at the final destination.

In fact, it's so easy to guess what they'd planned for the infirmary and science lab that it's laughable. Mysterious chemicals in the infirmary and how it resembles a hospital, frog specimens and human anatomical models in the science lab. These were all things that instills a sense of fear. Certainly, anything would appear frightening when it's dark.

Soutarou was still holding onto the cuffs of my jersey behind me.

"Uwah, you gave me a shock. Don't cling to me so much."

Panic-stricken, Soutarou glued himself perfectly onto my back. My back feels kind of warm when Soutarou who has a high body temperature clings to me.

He was so frightened that his eyebrows became 八 and he kept staring towards the school building. Having heard my words, Soutarou gave me a stiff smile. He moved a few steps back while still holding onto my jersey.

"Sorry...... It's embarrassing but, like what Mako said, I'm bad with things like ghosts and spirits."

"You don't need to feel embarrassed about having something you're bad with. We can return now if you want."

As we conversed, the 2-man team before us who were on standby started walking. Seems like it's our turn next. We have to depart in a few minutes.

Soutarou who was agitated up until a moment ago narrowed his eyes and smiled after hearing my words. It was a tender smile one would expect from children or animals. It's because he smiled like that so suddenly that my heart went thump without thinking. Dangerous, dangerous.

"It's okay. Didn't I say just now? That I'll be fine if I'm with Mako."

This, are you saying this air-headedly?

I can't help but think he's making a pass, but what does he mean by this? Or could it be that it's normal for guys to have such a conversation? I'm confused. I don't understand.

I bet that my thoughts were showing on my face. Soutarou let out another smile.

"Because Mako's my important friend."

"I see. That's right, huh. I too, think of Soutarou as important."

I understand if that's what he means. Yes, I can interpret it this way.

As a character who's supposed to be captured by Mitsuki, isn't it laughable if he falls in love with her older brother? This is an otome game, not a BL game.

"Ohー, it's Sakurai-kun and Tsubaki-kun's turn next. It will be sca~ry so. Do your best~. Don't get hurt, okay~"

Yurino-sensei handed me a handheld flashlight while making an exaggerated voice. 

I'm amazed at sensei. He managed to maintain this vigour even though it's already the 12th team. I can feel his enthusiasm of wanting the students to enjoy themselves.

"Hai. Let's go, Soutarou."

"U-Un."

Clutching my jersey, Soutarou started walking gingerly.

Putting me aside, won't he lose his popularity if he shows such a sight to the other girls? What will happen to this lead character if they start thinking things like Tsubaki-kun is pathetic?

"Tsubaki-kun, you're scared of spirits? Cuteー"
"He's completely attached to Sakurai-kun. I want to be Sakurai-kun!"
"Sakurai-kun, do you mind changing partners with me?"