The Kiss and the Dog and the Wolf [4]

This is bad. This is pretty bad! The room is so prickly now that I wouldn't think it's my room.
 Speaking of me, I'm staring blankly at the ground on the right while sitting in seiza, between the two who are glaring at each other. For what's already been 10 minutes, in complete silence. It's been long to death. It feels like an hour has passed to my body clock.
 Can something somehow happen soon and end this? Just as such a halfhearted thought crosses my mind, Soutarou finally opens his mouth.

"Did you stay over at Mako's house, Kaburagi?"

"Yeah, that's right. Well, that's how it ended up."

 Is that so?, Soutarou nods and turns silent again.
 Why does it feel like I was caught cheating red-handed? I wonder what's wrong with a friend staying over at his friend's house. If they're of the opposite gender then, well, I see the cause for concern, but both Ichigo-chan and I are technically male. Is there anything to be concerned about? Nope, there isn't.
 But I probably can't convey these thoughts the way they are, huh.

"I'm staying over today then."

"Eh?"

"Mako, can't I?"

 I've absolutely no idea where that word 'then' comes from. I stiffen with a blank look at his abrupt proposal.
 Soutarou looks at me with his standard upturned eyes as he tilts his head. Then, his dog ears droops listlessly as he cries 'kyun, kyun'. I don't intend to reject him in the first place, but it sure is hard to reject when the other party makes a face like this, huh.
 This cunning doggy definitely, definitely knows that he himself is cool. Knowing that, he does cunning things like this, definitely.

"Hey, Mako... please."

 What's going on? He's 5cm taller than me but those look like upturned eyes.
 I feel myself faltering at Soutarou who's giving dog-like cries: "Kyu, kyu". The guilt will be no joke if I reject him now, yeah. Not that I'll reject him.

"F-fine. Okay."

 Hearing my response, Soutarou's tail shakes energetically in happiness.

"Let's study together today, then. The tests begin next week after all."

 A full-face smile is on Soutarou's face as he releases the sparkly~ mysterious particles that's characteristic of shoujo manga backgrounds. I've a feeling the sparkly-ness of his smile is even more powered up than before.
 I feel pressured by that sunny smile but, at any rate, I'm truly glad that we're back to having good relations.
 I've realised anew how precious Soutarou is from the quarrel this time. Sure enough, before I knew it, Soutarou's existence within me has become unbelievably large. Placing a hand on my chest, I nod.
 Well then, it's about time for me to give things a clean break and say a proper apology.

"Soutarou."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. Also, thank you."

 Soutarou's eyes widen in slight surprise before he bursts into laughter.

"I'm sorry too... with this, we've made up, haven't we?"

 A broad smile that's sparkly to the point of being dazzling, surfaces on his face. Aa, he really is an ikemen. His smile is beautiful, man.
 He totally loses to Mitsuki but I believe Soutarou is also rather angelic. He's a bit of a cunning doggy but even with that behaviour included, he's a sparkly angel.
 As expected of a capturable character from an otome game, man. If he says 'I like you, please go out with me' or something like that with such a face, of course it'll be a cinch to sweep anyone off their feet.

"Oi, Makoto."

 Having his existence ignored to this degree, Ichigo-chan calls my name with a growl.
 Then, with extremely smooth movements, he hugs me from behind. It's like having me sit between Ichigo's bent knees. His thick arm is wrapped strongly around my stomach. To top if off, Ichigo-chan's chin is placed on my right shoulder.
 Rub rub, having our cheeks pressed together, unbelievably complicated feelings whirl in my heart. Dear me, what on earth should be done about this situation?