Secret place, 48

We walk outside in silence.  Atin's car is pretty high, it's a Range Rover, so I struggle a bit with getting in. It would be worse if I didn't wear heels.

When we both are done we drive off. 

The weather is really nice today, the perfect day for a wedding. Sunshine, and it's a nice temperature of 22 degrees.

Jason turns on the radio and we listen to the first channel that comes on. Along the way, we are quiet and look ahead, it'd not an awkward silence just a nice one. I sit with my hands crossed and stare out of the window. I see Jason look at me from the corner of my eye I turn a bit to look back and see that he is looking at my hair.

"What's wrong?" I run my hand over my hair to see if it's still okay.

"You have curls now, this morning you had wavy hair and normally you have straight hair," he says.

"Yeah, thats right," and smile.

"What is your natural hair?"

"My hair is wavy by nature but I always straighten it."

''Why?'' he frowns a little.

"I like it better that way," I say. 

''Humm,'' is all he says and looks away.

I laugh, ''You don't like it straight?'' I look at him.

He looks at me with soft eyes, ''No, I do, I always like it.'' he gives me a smile and looks at the road again.

I feel my cheeks warm up and smile at my hands. ''Thanks.''  

"Your mother, sister and brother all have straight hair,'' he says which makes me look up. ''And your brother and sister have light brown eyes." He states.

Did he notice that? Them having straight hair and me having wavy hair is one of the reasons I always straighten it. People notice the difference between me and my brother and sister and just draw their own conclusions.

"I have another father.'' he looks at me, a little surprised by what I say. ''My mother was married, got my sister and then got divorced. A year later she got to know mt dad, they fell in love and got me. A while later my mother went back to her first husband and got Celly." I explain finally making eye contact.

"And your dad?" I look away again. Now that he asked I have to tell him.

"I have never really known my father. He died when I was a baby during the war, he was a soldier." 

I never tell people this but when I do it always changes the vibe.

"I'm sorry," he looks away again and so do I.

We get out and I look at the clock, the guess will be coming in 45 minutes.

"Can you get Valentina's makeup and the USB stick then I will you get the rings?"

"Yeah sure," he gives me the key to Valentina's house which surprises me a little. 

We both walk away. Once inside, I decide to grab the makeup first because I know where they are. I run the stairs but that is a bit difficult with my heels. I walk into Valentina's room and see her makeup bag lying on her dressing table. Ieee we really messed up her room. I will come help her clean up tomorrow.

I walk down the stairs and remembering what Atin said. The door next to the front door. I see a wooden door, that should be it. I turn the door knob and come into a big room. There are cupboards full of books, bean bags, a dressing table with a vase. There is also a rocking chair. I think this is a place where Liz always relaxes. There is a large window covered by a white curtain now. I look at the dressing table, there are only the vase and some candles. I continue looking for the USB-stick in the windowsill and in the cupboards. I can't find the USB stick. I look further on the floor to see if I maybe fell.