Chapter 26

Rosalie and Novalee are sitting in Rosalie's bathroom while Embry patrols in La Push. Both girls are holding clear blue pregnancy tests after peeing on them. They both attempted to get pregnant on the same night, so they'll probably have their babies in the same day. Since it's July now, they'll be having their babies in January of the following year. 

"The five minute are up," Novalee says. "On three... One... two..."

"Three..." Rosalie and Nova look at their tests at the same time and they both read positive.

"We're pregnant," Novalee exclaims, they hear Emmett exclaim happily downstairs. "And you graduate today."

"With a party tonight," Rosalie coos as she touches her belly. "I'm gonna have a baby." She begins to tear up.

Novalee smiles before she heads out, she's going to La Push now to inform the pack with Emma. She's going to tell Emma, too. The girls, Emma and Novalee, get into Novalee's car, and Nova drives to Sam's. This is where she finds Embry. This is like the pack hangout.

"Nova," Emily coos. "Hey, Emma."

Emma smiles as she runs inside where Embry is, and the other pack members. 

"Guys, Can the pack gather in the living room?" Novalee asks kind of loudly when she walks inside, they all enter - Embry kisses Novalee on her forehead before he sits. "I have some news. Emma! You too!"

Emma giggles loudly from the kitchen as she enters the living room. She sits in the arm chair near Paul.

"What's up, Nova?" Jared asks.

"Well, I found out something this morning," Novalee says. "I'm.... pregnant."

Emmalets out a high pitched squeal, making the pack flinch, as she runs up amd hugs her mother. Novalee wraps an arm around her and she watches as Embry lets the news sink in. Sam and the others are too, after congratulating Novalee.

"You're pregnant?" Embry asks softly as he looks into her eyes. "This isn't a joke, is it? Are you really pregnant?"

"Rosalie and i took tests this morning," Novalee says. "Im really pregnant."

Embry smiles then, and he hugs her. "This is great!"

"Is Rosalie pregnant, too?" Sam asks.

"Yes, but she went to a sperm bank," Novalee says and Sam relaxes. "We probably have the same due date."

Embry smiles widely. "I'm gonna be a dad."

"I'm gonna be a sister!" Emma exclaims again, super excited.

Paul walks up amd he hugs Novalee when Embry pulls away. "Congratulations, Nova. You'll be a great mom. You're great with Emma."

"Oh, don't make me cry!" Novalee cries out. "I'm human, I am very emotional now!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Paul says quickly as he pulls back, making the wolves laugh.

"I have a graduation to go to," Novalee mutters. "Emma, you wanna hang with the pack today?"

"Yes, mom," Emma replies.