Chapter 36

After a good night's sleep, Felix leads Novalee into the throne room once again where the kings are standing and waiting. Aro walks over and he touches her face gently.

"You will live here," Aro says. "You will be placed under the strict care of us, and under our finest security detail: Felix and Demitri. You're pregnancy shall not go outside of these walls."

"Let me ask," Caius speaks up. "Are you sure this is what you want, Miss Morningstar? Are you sure you want to live here and deliver this child here?"

"It would be safest here," Novalee admits.

"Felix, go and have the human buy maternity clothes," Aro demands. "Demitri, go get our vampire doctor. Needles won't penetrate, it's a vampire's baby." The guards all leave.
~~~

Jasper is pacing around the yard outside the Cullen home, Novalee just took off. Jasper knows that Edward knows something, but he won't say anything. All he says is that they're better off, Jasper has to agree.
~~~

Novalee sits at the tables in the throne rooms as a group of humans are led in for the mens' feeding time. She eyes them as the doors are locked before looking at a book from the archives. Aro wants her to research her baby and it's type.

She does that as they say, Nova researches. She's been reading through book after book. Finding nothing. Aro walks over after he feeds and grabs one of the books as Jane brings in a platter of muffins for the human before leaving again.

"Are you happy here?" Aro asks the girl beside him.

"I actually am," Novalee says. "I believe I'm better off. You guys have better control."

"And you're safest here," Marcus says as he joins Aro and the girl. "You and your child."

"Thank you, Marcus," Novalee says as she reads the book.