Chapter 30

It's officially August, and Novalee is officially five months pregnant. Rosalie just found out she's having a girl. Nova and Rosalie small baby bumps; they're not super huge, but they're noticeable.

It's the day before the Cullen / Swan wedding for Edward and Bella. Also, Novalee and Jasper have grown closer. She now sees what Jared and Alice are taking about. Jasper will flirt with her, and it's easy to notice because he is a terrible liar.

Embry is over now, in the doctor office room where Carlisle is getting everything ready. Novalee has her tank top raised up, herb small baby bump is revealed. Jenna is waiting in the first floor living room, Emma doesn't like her.

Carlisle squeezes the gel on Novalee's abdomen after warning her that it'll be cold. He moves the wand over her stomach and Embry stares at the screen, looking at his baby. His and Novalee's baby.

"You guys want to know the sex, right?" Carlisle asks, and hey both mod. "All right." Carlisle moves the wand around more as the baby moves, he freezes the image and types on the screen.

When he turns it to the parents, the screen says it's a girl. Embry smiles and asks Carlisle for a print off, for him and Jenna. Novalee remains happy, she's bonded with Jasper so much these past couple months, she's over the fact that her and Embry were married. They're just best friends now.

Carlisle hands Embry his picture and he leaves with Jenna immediately. Jasper walks in and looks at the screen.

"Cheryl Nicolle Call," Jasper muses as Carlisle leaves.

"Yep," Novalee replies as she walks across the room wnento the sink. "Cheryl Nicolle Call."

Jasper watches her, feeling her happiness and confusion. He gets why she's happy, Nova just learned she's going to have a baby girl. It's the confusion part that is bugging Jasper. He chooses not to press on matters any, so he walks out.

Novalee turns to tell him now she feels about him, but she sees that he's gone. Edward leans against the doorway, he hears her thoughts.

"Want me to run your feelings by him during my bachelor party?" Edward asks.

"Could you?" Novalee asks as she walks up to Edward.

"I can," Edward says before giving her a side hug. "Congratulations on the baby, Nova." He leaves.

"Hey!" Rosalie greetsbas she walks in. "What are you having?"

"A girl, too," Novalee replies. "Her name's going to be Cheryl Call."

Rosalie smiles. "Mine's name is June Hale."

Novalee smiles as the girls go downstairs. They go outback where the boys are helping Alice set up for Bella's wedding. Bella is here, and Alice is attempting to get Bella to walk properly in heals. Nova knows that it's pointless. She spots Jasper but she stops herself from walking over it him because he's helping Emmett.

Novalee looks at the second story balcony, and sees Edward standing up there. He looks at her and nods, his bachelor party's tonight. He's going to sneak and see Bella. Emmett and Jasper will most likely pick Edward up from there, Nova and Emmett know it.

Emma is helping Esme decorate the tables and everything, getting everything ready for the wedding for the next day. Novalee walks over and helps Emma, and Esme. Esme tried to protest.

"It's pointless," Emmett calls out. "She's ruthless."

"Shut up, Emmett," Novalee hisses, Emmett chuckles and he gets back to work.

"Where does this go?" Emmett asks Alice, holding a tree stump.

"Do you have no sense in direction!?" Alice exclaims as she walks over.

Nova watches as hella slips out of her heals. Novalee walks over and hands the girl some sneakers.

"Thanks," Bella says and she notices Edward, he isn't looking their way. "God, I love him."

"I know," Novalee says with a smile. "Edward loves you, too, Bella."

"Jasper likes you," Bella says and Jasper narrows his eyes in her direction.

"So everyone keeps saying," Novalee says with a sigh. "Edward said he'd tell Jasper how I feel during the bachelor party tonight."

"There'd better not be strippers," Bella jokes, Emmett smirks.

"Oh, there will be," Novalee mutters.

"Yeah, probably," Bella replies. "It is Emmett throwing it."

"Exactly, sweetie," Novalee says, and she sighs. "Wanna feel Cheryl?"

When Bella nods, Nova grabs her by the wrist and easily placed the girl's hand on her belly. Cheryl only moves a little bit and Bella smiles. Novalee smiles also. Rose is watching from a distance. She smiles and she goes to help Emma and Esme since Novalee went to Bella.
~||~

Now, every one is home but Emmett, Jasper, amd Edward. Bella's at her house, Carlisle is at the hospital. The girls are here, talking about babies, about June and Cheryl. About how obvious it is that Jasper has feelings for Novalee and how obvious it is that Nova feels the ska way.

She does, too. Novalee Morningstar does feel the same way about Jasper. The pregnant humam does have feelings for Jasper. Trays what Edward is supposed to be telling the newest vegetarian.

The girls talk for hours until Alice rushes Rosalie and Nova upstairs for some beauty sleep for the wedding.