Chapter 29

"I will survive as long as I have you."

Novalee sighs when she hears Bella say that to her fiancée as she stops outside of Edward's room. She goes downstairs, and finds Esme cooking. 

"I'm going to Sam's," Novalee says softly.

Alice smiles and she nods. Nova sees Emma on the couch with Emmett, they're talking sports. Nova smiles before she walks downstairs and goes to the garage for her car. She drives on highway 101 until she reaches the secluded driveway of Sam and Emily's.

Rosalie bolts out of the house when Novalee gets out of the car, and she hugs her. Sam walks out and he wraps Novalee in a hug.

"I'm sorry about Embry," he whispers. "He's an ass."

Novalee snorts out a bit of laughter, "I can agree with that."

Sam smiles before he leads her inside. Rosalie is sitting hand in hand with Jared.

"Ah!" Novalee squeals. "Finally."

"Shut up," Jared grumbles.

Novalee smiles before Embry walks in. Her smile falters but she smiles again.

"Hi, Embry!" Nova chirps.

Embry looks at her as if she's grown two heads. "Hey?"

"I am still your imprint, divorced or not," Novalee says. "We Can he friends. Best friends."

"That sounds fair," Embry replies as he walks passed her and gets something to eat in the kitchen.

"You have names yet?" Emily asks.

"For a girl, Cheryl Nicolle Call," Novalee says with a smile. "For a boy, Marcus Avon Morningstar."

Embry smiles at the girl name. "Cheryl's a good name. Mom would be thrilled."

Novalee sighs. "Bella is asking Alice to be her maid of honor."

"And you're mine," Emily says. "My wedding's coming up, yay!"

Novalee smiles. "I'm so proud of you Sammy. You're actuLly settling down with her."

Sam narrows his eyes. "Shut up, Novalee."

"Make me."

Sam and Novalee have a stare down, before they both bust out laughing. Emily smiles at their friendship before she goes to the kitchen to make some lunch. Novalee sits down beside Sam this time and they talk about the battle.

Instead of sticking around for lunch, Novalee went to the first beach. She walks to the water and lets her feet get wet as she walks the edge of the sand. The water moves up and brushes over her feet and up over her ankles before moving back into the ocean body.

Novalee eventually returns home, Emmett and Emma are tossing a football back and forth in the yard. She walks on across the yard, and walks inside. Jasper is reading and Edward is playing the piano.

"I asked Charlie for Bella's hand in marriage," Edward says when he looks up and notices her.

"After you already proposed?" Novalee rises an eyebrow. "Real smooth, Edward. Did he approve?"