Chapter 14

Novalee is sitting in the couch the next day, the sun's out so she is in the shade of the closed curtains when she smells a familiar woodsy scent. Someone rings on the doorbell.

Novalee closes her books and she walks downstairs, she's wearing one of Rosalie's black blouses and some white leggings. She opens the door and finds Embry. She smiles before pulling him inside and hugs him.

"Hey," Novalee greets with a warm smile.

"Hey," Embry greets and his nose twists up, as if he's sniffing. "Their scent is even gone."

"I know," Novalee frowns. "I'm a tracker, and I'm an empath."

"What's an empath?" Embry asks, Sam only knew Novalee was a tracker and told him what it was.

"I can feel and manipulate emotions," Novalee replies.

"Oh," Embry replies. "Intrigue."

Novalee chuckles. "Are you hungry? I can go to the store, and cook for you."

"Starved."

"Of course you are," Novalee teases. "I'll be right back." She grabs the keys to Emmett's Jeep amd drives into Forks.
~~~

Novalee sees Charlie at the grocery store and walks over.

"Hey, Charlie," she greets him.

"Novalee, hello," Charlie greets, he met her a couple times.

"How's Bella?" Nova asks.

"She's doing better," Charlie replies as Novalee grabs some hamburger meat, she's making a meatloaf. "She's been hanging out with Jacob Black in La Push."

"Sweet, Jacob's a good boy," Novalee says as she grabs another pack of hamburger meat, knowing how the pack members eat, let alone just one of them. "I have to go, I have a hungry boyfriend at my place."

"Take care of yourself, Novalee," Charlie says as he goes to the isle that holds the beer.

Novalee smiles as she goes down a few isles for the sides. When she goes outside, she sees Bella's truck going by with two dirt bikes on the back coveted with a drape, but Nova isn't stupid. She had three in Athens.

Novalee drives home and finds Embry looking through a mechanic magazine that Rosalie had left here. Nova smiles and the brings the bundles of bags upstairs. She begins cooking.

"Hey," Embry greets as he walks upstairs. "You could have made me help you pack those groceries in."

"I know," Novalee says as she mushes up the ground beef and bread crumbs. "I'm a vampire, remember? I got it."

Embry smirks as he walks around the counter, and grabs the potatoes from the ground. "My mom always makes homemade." He goes on a search, and finds a knife. He beings pealing the potato.

The two cook together, even though it'll only be Embry eating.

"I might hunt as you eat," Novalee says as she puts the meatloaf in the oven and begins to wash her hands.

"That's okay, I can't stop you," Embry replies as he puts on a pot of water. "Go ahead and go hunt. I know how to cook. You don't have to cook for me, Novalee."

She smiles, he had noticed her dark eyes. Nova kisses Embry on the cheek before she vamp speeds out and jumps off the balcony. She runs into the woods and stops a deer right beside the treaty on her side, and she feeds on it. When the vampire looks up with a bloody mouth, she finds Sam watching her.

"Hey," Novalee greets as she wipes her mouth. "That was messy, sorry you had to witness that."

Sam's wolf goes into the bushes and turns back. Sam slips on some shorts and walks out. "You're fine. Can you have Embry hurry and come back? We had another to phase."

"I will," Novalee replies with a sigh. "Can we eat first? He's cooking... even though I started it, he insisted to finish cooking."

"Of course," Novalee replies as she sighs. "I'll see you around I hope, Sam."

"I'll see you around, Novalee," Sam replies before he phases back and leaves.

"Embry!" Novalee calls as she enters the house, she finds him in the dining room stuffing his face. "Sam wants to back when you're done eating. Another one phased."

Embry groans but he nods before swallowing. "Okay."

Novalee sits at the counter with her laptop, and she watches cooking videos on YouTube. She likes this app. It was founded last year, in 2005. Embry washes his own dish and the dishes he cooked with before he leaves, knowing Sam will soon grow impatient.

Novalee's email pings on her laptop, and she opens it. It's from Alice. Novalee quickly gets off YouTube, and clicks into her email.

From: Alice Cullen
To: Novalee Cullen
Subject: Imprint / Mate
Omg! Really? Which one!? Or is it a new wolf? Edward fried say to not reach out but I can't help it, Rose and Carlisle know that I am emailing back. I told jasper about your mars being a shifter, he's okay with it as long as you're happy. But he has no idea I'm reaching out or he'd probably have my head. *giggling*. Anyways, I hope you don't hate me. I love you, Novalee Morningstar Cullen.

Novalee smiles and she clicks to reply.
From: Novalee Cullen
To: Alice Cullen
Subject: ILY2
He's a newer wolf, name's Embry Call. I was invited into La Push and met him. He accepted me... I bet Rosalie is not happy that my mate's a shifter, but she has to get over it because I am happy. And jasper more than likely would have your head because he's probably wishing he could reach out to me and Alice, honey, I could never hate you. I love you, too. Tell Jasper and the others I love them, as well. Tootaloo, my pixie vampire.
Xoxo, Nova Cullen.

Novalee closes her laptop and she begins cleaning the kitchen because Embry left it in a mess.  Then she cleans the rest of the house to rid the wet dog smell just in case the coven does return, but she isn't too hopeful. She just has faith.