Chapter 40

Novalee's Point of View

I beat Edward by a long shot in our races. We ran to the Canadian boarder until the day begun again, then I decided we'd better get back. I beat him, again. When we make it back, I spot Marcus and Emma talking to a girl with long, brown hair. And hoemstly, she looks very familiar.

When my eyes meet Jasper's, I feel that mate pull again and my eyes close before I hear Emma telling the girl, Renesme, who I was. When my dimming crimson eyes open, I find the two of them, right in front of me.

Authors point of view

"Mom, this is Renesme," Emma says. "You never got a chance to meet her."

"Of course, hi," Novalee greets.

Renesme smiles. "Hi."

"She's gifted," Alice chirps as she skips over. Lashes van touch your face and show you memories."

"Marcus is gifted, too," Novalee says and Marcus blushes, he gets embarrassed when his mom brags. "He is clairvoyant, and he can read minds."

"My type of guy," Alice teases. "As you know, I'm clairvoyant too."

"I know," Novalee says. "Caius helped him gain control of his power."

"Aro wants him on the guard, doesn't he?" Alice asks, and Nova nods. "I know that because Aro wants me, too, bevauxe I am Clairvoyent, too."

"Excuse me," Marcus says as he walks over, leaving Emma. "Did you say you were clairvoyant?"

"I did," Alice replies as Novalee goes to talk to Renesme.

"Could you teach me more about it?" Marcus pleads. "Edward's been helping me with the mind reading, but the clairvoyance..."

"The visions come at random, don't they?" Alice asks him, Marcus nods. "You can't control them, but I can help you learn more about this ability."

"And I'll get you a Cullen crest like your mother has," Carlisle says as he claps a hand against Marcus's back. "You want a ring, necklace, or bracelet?"

"Ring," Marcus replies.

Carlisle nods and he leaves Alice to helping Marcus Morningstar.
~~~
Novalee is sitting inside the house with Jasper now, he wanted to get her alone. He is still trying to deny having feelings, trying to deny that his mate is also a wolf's imprint. The only thing good going for them is the face Novalee chose him instead of suffering through the marriage.

"You know we're mates, right?" Novalee says, pointing it out.

"I try not to think about it," Jasper admits. "It hurts when you left."

"I know," Nova replies. "I try to deny it too, because I'm an imprint and he still hurt me. I'm scared you would, too."

"Novalee, I could never hurt you," Jasper days.

"You know," nova says with a smirk, "we never really broke up."

Jasper laughs, he has just realized this. "You're right, I never noticed. We didn't, did we?"

"No, we didn't," Nova says. "You're not going to, are you?

"No," Jasper replies. "Are you?"

"No," Novalee replies.

Jasper eyes her and he just rushes over, kissing her. Jasper breaths out in relief at the feeling of Novalee's kiss, and the familiar spark. Marcus and Jared in and find them, but both stay quiet. Marcus is smiling because his parents are together. He drags Jared right back outside before they hear their heartbeats.

Jasper pulls away after a minute, kisses Novalee's nose, and sits up straighter. "Now, we're on the right track."

Novalee snorts at this, smiling. "I know, right?"

Jacob goes jogging in against Marcus's protests. "Hey Guys, could you come outside for me? I'm about to..."

"We're coming," Novalee says as she jumps up and watches as Jasper gets up, and she reaches her hand over to his. "Together? Always?"

Jasper takes Novalee's hand and interlocks their fingers. "And forever."

Alice is the first to see Jasper and Novalee holding hands, and she lets out a loud squeal, making anyone with supernatural hearing cringe. Instead of acknowledging them, Novalee nods toward Jacob.

"Renesme, I knew I loved you from the momemt I imprinted," Jacob starts, looking into Nessie's eyes. "You gave me a chance to be the best boyfriend I can be and I am the happiest man in the world. But there's one thing that would make me even happier..." Jacob pulls out a jewelry box and he kneels down on one knee and opens it, revealing a gorgeous engagement band. "Renesme Carlie Cullen, will you marry me?"

Renesme's brown eyes widen as Novalee smiles. "Yes!" She exclaims. "Yes, yes, yes!"

Jacob smiles and he puts the ring on her, then he twirls her in a hug. Novalee kisses jasper, overtaken by the moment. Jasper hugs her as Marcus smiles.  He runs inside and grabs his guitar before vamp speeding tothe balcony.

He begins playing Play that Song by train. Marcus smiles at his mom, this is her favorite song. Novalee flashes up and she starts singing it, smiling the entire time. As the guitar playing picks up, Marcus begins singing along with his mother.

When they finish everyone is cheering. Everyone is the coven, and Jacob. Both Morningstar's bow, laughing as they do so. Marcus drops his guitar off in the living room and Esme steals him, she's showing him to his new bedroom. Novalee has her old bedroom back. 

"That was amazing," Jacob compliments as Novalee makes it downstairs. "Thanks for singing."

"Do you two want to sing at our wedding?" Renesme asks. "I'm sure Alice won't mind... She has taken over wedding plans already."

"Of course she has," Novalee laughs. "Well, you ask Alice. If she says okay, then we'll sing."

Nessie cheers and she runs off to probably find Alice.

"She's a keeper," Novalee says to Jacob. "Hurt her and I'll kill you."

"You and Edward, both," Jacob mutters before he walks away but he stops. "Have you seen Embry?"

"Once, I hugged Jenna," Novalee replies asbshe spots Marcus coming out.

"Alice just cornered me, her and Ness," Marcus says as he walks up to his mother, Jacob takes this opportunity to walk away. "Apparently we're performing at Jacob and Nessie's wedding."

"Renesme asked me, I told her to run it by Alice," Novalee says. "Wanna hunt, or do you want food?"

"Hunt," Marcus says and sees jasper. "Dad!" 

"Yeah?" Jasper asks as he jogs over.

"Wanna hunt with us?" Marcus asks. "As a family?"

"I'd like that," Jasper replies and the trio take off, Emma smiles from where she is with Emmett.