Chapter 10

Some time has passsd, amd it's now time for prom. Novalee is pretty excited about it. She is going as Jasper's date because Alice is hunting, jasper just returned from a hunt. He said he'd go, to help Novalee maintain control.

Novalee puts on a cotton candy blue and pink chiffon strapless dress, it flows all the way to the floor. Alice had picked out some heels that match Novalee's skin tone, and put some pink lipstick on her, with some cotton candy blue eye shadow. When Jasper walks in, he grins.

"Hello, ma'am," jasper bows. "You look magnificent."

Alice smiles before she walks out for her hunt.

"You look great yourself, mr Hale," Novalee says. "Are we going?"

Jasper holds his arm out, and Novalee hooks hers with his. He leads her downstairs, Esme gasps when she notices how pretty Novalee looks. Rosalie smiles, she and Emmett are dressed up too. They're going to the prom together,

When they arrive at the school, Novalee smiles at the beautiful decor. She and Jasper have their picture taken before entering the gym. Jasper brings her straight to the dance floor and twirls her close to him, they dance.

Novalee steps outside later that night, the blood scent is overwhelming. She lusts for it now that she's tasted it, and Jasper's worried about her. She hears Bella asking Edward to turn her because she wants to spend forever with him. Novalee growls as Jasper comes out.

"What?" Jasper asks.

"Nothing," Novalee replies amd she speeds off, and hunts.

She stops on highway 101 where she spots Jared Cameron, he's kneeled dowm.

"Wanna dance?" Jared asks her. "You're all dressed up."

Novalee smiles and she flashes home, grabs her phone, and goes back. Jared notices her picking out music. Novalee picks out A Thousand Year's, part 2. She and Jared meet in the middle of the treaty line and dance, they're friends, that's all they'll ever be because Jared is happy with Kim - his imprint. But the two are friends, Kim knows that.

Sam walks to end of the trees to get Jared, but stops when he hears the music and sees the two dancing in the road as the rain starts to fall in a drizzle. The solid black wolf smiles mentally before he runs off, leaving the friends be.

"You look pretty," Jared says as they stop dancing. "How was prom?"

"It was ok," Novalee replies. "I've never seen that school look so good."

Jared laughs. "I wish you could cross over here, and meet my girlfriend Kim."

"Me too," Novalee admits. "But I cant."

"I know," Jared replies. "That was good, but I have to go before Sam busts my ass for not finishing my patrol." Jared smiles and he runs into the woods.

"It's my turn," Emmett says as a now shoeless Novalee enters the clearing, the buff vampire is smiling. "You danced with Jasper, and a mutt. It's your bestie's turn."

Novalee rolls her eyes but starts the music. The two dance, and then they hunt.