Chapter 15

Novalee goes to school on Monday, and sees Bella Austin's with her friends again. Jessica, Eric, Angela, and Mike. Tyler and his girl Lauren are sitting there, too. It's lunch time.

Novalee sits at the Cullen's able because she is a Cullen, and she just plays with her food like the others always did. She keeps replaying Alice's email over and over in her head. She knows Rosalie is mad about nova being an imprint, but there's nothing she can do about it. Novalee is happy with Embry, even if they are just friends.

When Novalee goes home, she finds Embry sitting on the front steps. Nova smiles warmly at him before walks by him, and unlocks the door. Embry stands and he walks in with her. The council is letting him cross, they're still discussing Novalee. They're hesitant because she's a vampire, but she is an imprint.

"How was school?" Embry says as they sit on the couch off the foyer downstairs.

"It was school," Novalee says as she pulls out her homework. "I wish I hadn't started school a junior... I was nineteen when I was turned."

"It's okay you guys," Embry says as he scoots over and looks at the work. "I can help you with that."

"You're nineteen, too, aren't you?" Novalee asks with a smile, and Embry nods. "Cool."
.....

Novalee goes to pass Embry upstairs, but he keeps stepping in the way. When they finally stop moving, their lips are only centimeters apart. The tension in the air rises, but not a bad tension. Nova vamp speeds away and upstairs, locking herself in. She closes her eyes, and breaths for sixty seconds with good and steady breaths.

"Nova," Embry says gently as he taps on the door. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Novalee claims. "I'm fine."

Embry leans his head against the door, he wishes that the girl was alive so he could at least hear her breathing. Novalee's head is against the door on the inside, she's listening to Embry's heartbeat and his breathing. She just wants to kiss him, but Novalee doesn't want to scare her mate off. Embry was the one who decided to be friends first.

Novalee is all for being friends first, getting to know each other. But she notices the tension between them, it tells her they should be a couple but she's scared to say anything to Embry. She's scared it'll scare him off.

Embry finally sighs and he heads back to La Push. He felt the same tension, thinking they should be a couple. But like Novalee, he's scared to say anything.
~~~

Novalee hunts, she has a deer and a mountain lion and then she stops in a clearing. The vampire looks around and a certain redhead appears.

"Victoria..." Novalee growls.

The redhead smirks before she sees the anger in Novalee's eyes, then she bolts. Novalee uses her vampire speed, too, and she flashes after her. She spots the wolves on their side chasing Victoria, too. Victoria sees the wolves and crosses over.

Novalee stops running and she punches a tree as Sam, Paul, Jared, and Quill run after the vampire. Embry told Nova about Quill phasing into the pack. Victoria being around is what caused the two of them to phase, Quill and Embry. Embry's certain Jacob Black is next, but none of the pack members know when that's going to happen.

Novalee continues her hunt and she lays in the clearing. She drops to the ground. There's a meadow a few miles off, in another clearing. Novalee will leave that spot for Bella and Edward. Nova spells Embry coming and she props herself up on her elbows.

Not speaking, Embry walks straight over and he drops to his knees beside his vampire imprint. Embry grabs her face and he presses his lips against hers, unable to hold back any longer. Novalee's arms instantly go around Embry's neck on instinct, and she welcomes the kiss as she kisses back.

Embry finally pulls back and smiles. "I don't think we should be just friends anymore."

"Yeah," Novalee agrees as she licks her lips. "I agree."

Nova and Embry look each other in the eyes for a while after that, after becoming a couple. The two smile before kissing each other again, smiling against each other's lips as they finally welcome each other in.
~~~

Embry goes back to Sam's, smiling like a madman.

"Ooh, look at that smile!" Jared teases. "So, you and Nova a couple yet?" 

"Of course they are," Harry Clearwater teases, making Sam snort in amusement. "Why else would be blushing right now?"

"She a good kisser?" Rachel Black teaches from beside Paul.

Embry blushes wildly.

"Come on in here, Em," Emily coos. "Guys, leave him alone." She turns to Embry. "Is she a good kisser? Were there butterflies?" She's being gentle as she asks these questions, not teasing.

"Fireworks, cannons, butterflies, the whole works," Embry replies as he sits at the table, Emily's baking some chocolate chip muffins. "Those smell amazing, Emily."

"Thank you," Emily coos as she checks them in the oven, then takes them out.

Embry walks over and turns the oven off for her. "I hope the council gives Novalee to cross the boarder as she pleases. I did accept the imprint."

"I know," Emily coos. "Maybe they will. They most likely will if Harry has anything to say about it."

"Billy's here!" Sam calls.

Emily smiles as they walk into the room, to see Rebecca wheeling Billy inside.

"Becca!" Emily coos amd hugs her, Embry stands back. "Hey, when did you get in?"

"Just yesterday," Rebecca replies. "I was told about Embry's imprint being over so I waited for today. So, when do I get to meet Novalee?"

Embry blushes again and he walks away.

"That's cute," Billy says. "Nova being able to come over as she pleases is looking good. We just need Quill sr's vote. He wants a few days to think it over." He wheels himself out back and finds Embry. "Son, I'm glad you accept Novalee as your imprint."

"Me too," Embry replies. "She's Great."

"I want to meet her, Embry," Billy says. "I have a right, since she will probably be coming into La Push."

"I'll bring her to the bonfire," Embry says.

"Great!" Billy exclaims. "I can't wait to meet her. Rachel!" He calls, and his youngest daughter comes jogging out. "Can you bring your old man one of Emily's delicious smelling muffins?"

"Of course, dad," Rachel replies and she heads back inside.

"So tell me about Novalee," Billy says gently as Rachel hands him a muffin and sits. "Well, tell me what you know."

Embry smiles and he talks. He has nothing bad at all to say about Novalee, to be honest. Rachel smiles at the nice words.