Chapter 37

3 months later

A very weak, and very pregnant Novalee is laying in Doctor Rathbone's room where he keeps his medical supplies. He has needles that can penetrate and he knows the baby's healthy. Aro steps inside amd he sees her stomach.

"You're coming around," Aro says. "Irina Denali came to us."

"What did she want?" Nova asks weakly.

"To tell us about Edward and Bella's child," Aro says. "Three months, looks seven apparently."

Aro walks over, he is actually holding a glass of blood. He helps Novalee stand and he hands her the blood.
~~~

"Novalee's What!?" Jasper yells at Edward, who accidentally let it slip. "She's pregnant? Since when?"

"When she left," Edward says. "She left when she found out. Went to the Volturi."

Alice goes into a vision.
~~~

Nova goes to tab the blood from Aro, but her baby kicks in the wrong spot and her spine snaps.
~~~

"She's going to he okay," Alice coos. "You will see her again."

"Should I want to?" Jasper growls.
~~~

As Nova falls, Aro is quick to catch her and get her on the table. Doctor Rathbone rushes in, having heard the spine snapping.
~~~

"Why wouldn't you?" Emmett asks..

"She's not my mate."
~~~

"The baby's coming," Doctor Rathbone demands as he hears her heartbeat fading. "I have to bite through her skin."

"Do it," Aro urges.

Novalee screams in pain as the pain finally hits. Rathbone bites through Novalee's stomach amd through the womb until he sees the baby. Rathbone hurriedly stuffs his hands inside of Novalee's stomach and pulls the baby boy out. He lays him down and he has Aro take him.

"You take him, I'll change her," Aro says and Rathbone leaves with the baby.

Aro looks at the girl he looks at as a daughter now and he bites her in a few different spots, making sure his venom get into her with each fang puncture before he pulls away. Aro pushes the hair from the dead girl's face before Marcus steps in the room.

"You changing her?" Marcus asks, he's rather close to Nova.

Aro nods. "Yes. That baby deserves a mother."

"Yes, he does," Marcus reploes. "And a name. A name his mother gives him."
~~~

Alice's vision cuts off suddenly and she looks at Edward. He knows. The baby killed Novalee. They look at Jasper, who isn't as upset as he ought to be. Nova might not have been his mate, but he still loved her.
~~~

After about an hour, Aro's venom has spread throughout Novalee's veins amd her eyes snap open, crimson

After about an hour, Aro's venom has spread throughout Novalee's veins amd her eyes snap open, crimson. She heads a baby crying and she looks between the bloody hospital bed and sees a beautiful baby boy with a blotch of blonde hair on top of his head.

Jane walks in with a blood bag, making Novalee snap her eyes in Jane's direction. The vampire hands it to her, and Nova drains it before she picks up her son.

"Hi," Nova coos, not caring that she's a vampire again.

"What's his name going to be?" Marcus asks as he walks in. 

"Marcus Avon Morningstar," Novalee replies. "After my favorite Volturi king."

Marcus smiles for once as he walks over and carcasses a finger across the boy's cheek. "Marcus Morningstar."

"What a wonderful name," Aro exclaims as he enters. "I see you're awake."

"Who turned me?" Novalee asks.

"I did," Aro replies. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Novalee coos. "I'm a mother."

"Indeed you are," Aro coos. "When he's full grown, whenever that is, I'll let you bring him to Forks to meet his father."

Novalee nods. "Okay. That sounds good."

"Can I hold him?" Aro asks.

Novalee nods and allows him to take her son. "Can i have more human blood?"

"Go with Marcus," Aro says. "It's feeding time. I'll watch baby Marcus."

Novalee walks out with Marcus and he leads her to the throne room. Caius smirks at Novalee's new red eyes and Felix leads the humans in and locks the door.

"Pick, and feed," Caius states as he goes toward the group of humans. "Enjoy."

Novalee smirks before flashing forward.