Chapter Nine

This isnt how I expected to spend my sunday evening but it needs to be done sooner rather than later. I'm parked up outside Cassie's house waiting for her to calm down so we can go end this and get her healing process started. I'm proud of her for realising she needs to leave Mac I know shes scared and I know she wouldn't be doing this if I wasnt by her side but she knows I'll never let her go through anything alone it means alot that shes putting her trust into me when her life is going to be turnt upside down.
"Ok, I can do this" Cassie says and takes a deep breath before getting out of the car. I quickly get out and follow her inside the house. Mac's in the living room he doesn't say anything, doesn't even acknowledge Cass has walked through the door, she walks straight up stairs with me following behind. I dont think his even noticed I'm here to be honest. We enter the bedroom Cassie and Mac share and I close the door behind us as she heads for the wardrobe, she pulls out two large suitcases there both baby pink with C.F in big bold black letters on the front for Cassie Ferrero, she hands me one.
"Can you just put anything that's mine in there please Ry and do it quickly" she demands.
I nod, I know she wants majority of her things packed before facing Mac so we both pack as quickly as possible, shes putting the contents of her wardrobe in her suitcase and I'm filling the one she handed me with the contents of her dressing table and anything else I notice around the room belonging to her.

We hear footsteps coming up the stairs so I quickly push the last of the things I can see belonging to Cassie in the suitcase and zip it up she does the same and we both just stand there waiting for the door to swing open.
"Hey babe, oh hi ryan" Mac says with a confused look when he sees me and then notices the suitcases
"What's with the cases?" Mac asks looking at Cassie, all colour has drained from her face she looks weak
"I'm leaving Mac I cant be with you no more" Cass says in almost a whisper
"Leaving me?" Mac laughs
Cassie puts her head down and i see she just wants to get out of the house. So I intervene
"Cass you ready?" I ask, she nods in response
"You're not leaving stop being stupid, it's nearly dinner time leave the cases and get down stairs" Mac demands. Who the fuck does he think his talking to?!
Before Cassie even has the chance to say anything I run at Mac pushing him up against the wardrobe the mirrored door smashing onto the floor in a thousand pieces
"Who the fuck do you think you are. I no what you are Mac Valentino and Cassie is not staying here. Shes told you it's over so fucking accept it" I warn him.
Cassie takes the opportunity to walk round us with her case she runs down the stairs and out the front door and i follow her but at a slower pace, I'm very aware of Mac behind me, he cant get anywhere with me in the way. Cassie's sitting in the passenger side of my car the case sitting at the kerb I pop open the boot and put both cases in and slam it shut Mac is now standing on the pavement trying to open the passenger door to get to Cassie I push him aside
"Mac I'm warning you fuck off" I demand
"Fuck you I always knew she was shagging you, fucking slut. Cassie no one will love you, you're nothing" he shouts I cant control my temper now how fucking dare he! I punch him straight in the face my knuckles obviously caught his nose because it starts pouring of blood I head round to the drivers side and get in and drive off.
As soon as we're out of Mac's sight Cassie breaks down
"Its gonna be ok Cass" I reassure her placing my hand on her thigh she doesn't say anything she just puts her head in her hands and sobs and sobs I can feel the pain she is in. Reality has hit her but I will help her through this.

We arrive at my apartment I park the car and walk round to the passenger side Cassie says nothing it's like shes a zombie she just does what I say
"Come on Cass out you get" I say to her softly. Her eyes are red and swollen, she looks fragile. I help her out of the car and into the apartment
"Alright use two" Nial says greeting us
Cassie doesn't acknowledge him and I shake my head in response to let him know not now. He looks at Cass and worry instantly forms on his face but i dont say anything to him to ease his concerns like I normally would because right now in this moment his not my priority Cassie is.