Chapter Nineteen

It's been 6weeks since me and Cass found out were gonna be parents and today is the day we finally get to see our little bubba on the screen and tell everyone our news. The appointments at 12.30pm and after we've seen our little one we plan to invite everyone over for dinner so we can break the news altogether.
"Ready gorgeous?" I ask
"More ready than I've ever been" Cassie replies with the biggest smile.
Needless to say we are both excited to see our little one on screen, Cassies sickness has died down alot only sick occasionally I dont think the baby likes the smell of milk since every time Cassie gets a whiff shes throwing up.

After a short drive were sitting in the waiting area of a small clinic surrounded by women with their partners, or women alone with their bumps, it's such a surreal feeling everyone in this waiting area right now is here to see how their little life changing bump is doing. After around 10minutes of waiting a petite lady with black bobbed hair walks in the waiting room and loudly reads off the clipboard shes holding
"Holly room 2, Cassie room 4 please"
We head into the direction of room four and give each others hand a squeeze before entering.

Theres a large hospital bed in the middle of the room, more padded than the one at the doctors surgery, theres a a big computer looking thing with all different equipment attached to it one that I notice in particular is attached to a long wire sitting on the desk near a weird keyboard it kind of looks like a scanner they use in shops to scan your purchases.
"Hey Cassie jump on the bed for me" a lady with blonde hair tied in a bun says with a smile.
As Cassie lays on the bed the woman proceeds to talk
"I'm Linda and I'll be checking all measurements of your baby today and their heartbeat and just ensuring your baby is growing and developing how they should be that ok mum, dad?" She says looking at Cassie then at me with a smile.
Shit that's the first time we've been called mum and dad. Shit this is insane I'm really gonna be a dad to a child whose mum I'm completely in love with. We both nod and smile in response.
"Great, could you lift your top for me, I'll be applying some gel onto your belly which may feel cold" Linda says lift a bottle of clear liquid and squirting it directing onto Cassies belly it must have been cold because Cassie squeaked making me chuckle. I grab her hand and she looks over and smiles at me before both of our attention goes back to the woman who's now holding that scanner looking piece of equipment, she puts it on Cassies stomach and moves the gel around so its smeared over Cassie then clicks a button on the weird looking keyboard and a black and white fuzzy picture comes onto the screen. Cant see a baby thou. Linda proceeds to move the scanner thing around Cassies belly and then smiles and turns the screen to us more.
We catch a glimpse of the baby on the screen and Cass cries happy tears and I cant deny I let a tear escape too. We made that! How amazing!!
"Wait what's that?" I ask confused by what I see. Our baby looks like it has three arms
Linda looks at where I'm pointing and turns the screen away from us
"Oh, ok let me take some measurements and take a few things down and I'll see what's going on" she replies calmly
Cass shoots me a worried look and I reassure her with a smile before she faces back to Linda. Truth is I'm worried to I mean I'll love our baby no matter what but I swear that was another arm a kid with three arms fucking hell do they even sell clothes to accommodate to that?
Linda smiles and tells us
"All measurements are perfect, all healthy and growing amazingly"
Cassie exhales in relief
"The third arm?" I question saying it out loud actually sounds ridiculous but I swear I see it
Linda laughs and turns the screen towards us I'm confused theres our baby on the screen but now it looks like it's got 2 heads aswell. I feel sick is this a joke hows this woman saying everything is normal when this on the screen looks like a baby with 2 heads and 3 arms and I'm dreaming
"You did see three arms" linda chuckles "because you have two babies growing in there, one is slightly hidden behind the other" she says calmly still amused with my three arm comment. Cassies eyes widen at the screen and my jaw drops.