Chapter Thirteen

CASSIE'S P.O.V

December 23rd, the day before Christmas eve has finally arrived and that means we are off to Ryan's mum's for few nights. Dont get me wrong I feel a little sad a little pang in my chest because everything is so different to what I'm used to but I know it will be great I haven't even seen Ryan's mum in such a long time it will be nice to see how shes doing.
"Cassie we need to leave" Ryan shouts.
"Yes coming" I shout back
This man is always rushing me its infuriating sometimes. His alright just jumps in the shower and sticks some clothes on and he looks good I have to do all that plus hair and make up sometimes I think being a bloke would be easier.

I lock up and go meet Ryan in the car, his packing the remainder of stuff in the boot.
"Cass you do no we're only going for a few nights right?" He questions.
"Yup" I say getting into the passenger side before he has the chance to say anything else. His got one little holdall bag and I've got a suitcase, it's a small suitcase so dont no why his moaning the rest of the stuff is presents. Were gonna invite Nial and Leigh over when were back to exchange gifts and have a little christmas get together of our own.

Two and half hours later we finally pull up outside a beautiful 2bedroom house, the front lawn is decorated with christmas ornaments and lights it looks beautiful and this is the place Darlene, Ryan's mum now calls home and has done for three years. I'm grateful she doesn't live in our hometown going back there especially at this time of year is not something I would have done, now Darlene shares this beautiful home with a man she married 2years ago called Kyle my mum would be happy that she found happiness and that brings me happiness and comfort knowing Darlene is happy and well looked after by Kyle. Ryan wasnt sure about him at first but I guess that was understandable I mean he only ever knew it as him and Darlene, Ryan's dad Craig and Darlene split when Ryan was just a baby and Craig never bothered it's only as Ryan's got older they've built a relationship and that wasnt Craig's doing either. Ryan slowly come around to Kyle being about and I think deep down it was a comfort to him knowing his mum wasnt going to be alone when he moved to Rochly shortly after I did.

We knock on the door and Darlenes face lights up when she sees us its lovely.
"Oh hunni I've missed you so much. You look well. Oh my goodness so handsome. Hows working with your dad going? Use getting on ok?" She says all this without barely taking a breath
"Mum breathe" Ryan chuckles.
Then she turns to me her eyes fixed on me
"Oh baby girl I've missed you! You doing ok? My Ryan looking after you?" She asks
"I'm good Darl and of course he always does" I smile
"Great, well come on in then its bloody freezing out here" Darlene says rubbing her arms for warmth. Ryan rolls his eyes and I laugh I mean shes the reason we are slowly turning into ice cubes. We enter the house and it's the first time I've seen it, its absolutely beautiful
"Wow Darl, this house is gorgeous" I say looking around, decorations everywhere, a huge green artificial Christmas tree decorated with all glass ornaments and presents piled up underneath it. Darlene really does go all out at christmas time. She refused to get a real tree she says she was sick of hoovering the shit up, she dont filter what she says I love it.
"Thanks babe" darlene replies with a smile
"Hello use two looking well" Kyle says as he enters the living room. Me and Ryan both greet him and then before we have the chance to sit down Darlene drags us upstairs
"This is where use will sleep, I no its not ideal but I dont have a mansion" she chuckles gesturing me and Ryan into a large room, white painted walls, a glass mirrored dressing table in the corner of a room, a double four poster bed sitting perfectly in the middle of the room with white nets draping around it and way to many cushions sitting ontop of a rose gold coloured bedding, under the bay window I notice theres a cream cuddle chair with a large white fluffy throw blanket spread over one side of the chair and theres a little book case with several books. On one of the walls is a picture of me and Ryan goofing around in a beautiful black crystal frame that shes had blown up.
"Is it ok Cass? I'm sorry i can always put Ryan on the sofa" Darlene says
"No Darl it's perfect, the room is stunning were be absolutely fine" I say
"Oh great, I'm so relieved, I designed this room for you and Ryan in mind you no, I always hoped one day use would marry so one room for you both would be enough" Darlene shrugged.
She thought we would marry one day? Well To be honest since being away from Mac and spending so much time with Ryan I've noticed little things about him that I absolutely adore that I never noticed before but I no he will only be a friend I wouldnt want to ruin what we have. Darlene leaves the room leaving me and Ryan to settle and unpack
"Why you blushing?" Ryan teases! I didnt even realise I was blushing how embarrassing. Shit! I hope he dont realise it's because I've always wanted him to be the one I marry!
"I'm hot you jerk" I reply quickly throwing a pillow off the bed at him before slumping into the bed
"Hot at the thought of me being your husband hey?" Ryan says jokingly as he jumps ontop of me on the bed, I gasp. My heart is hammering, I go completely stiff.