Chapter 21

The next day, when Sindhu woke up, it was already 9 am. She and Gautham went for some sights seeing and shopping in malls the last evening. And had dinner outside. It was late by the time they came back. So Sindhu thought she could actually sleep in. But then she stupidly left the curtains open. So she woke up from the bright light shining through the balcony doors. Seeing that her sleep was already ruined she got up from the bed. After slightly freshening up she lazily strolled down to the living room. She searched for John and Gautham but both were nowhere to be found. She went to the kitchen and took a sandwich. That's when she heard noise coming from the back of the house. The dining hall had a window facing the backyard. She peeked through it and found Gautham playing merrily with Brad and Luzy in the swimming pool. And John was sitting in one of the patio chairs a few feet away from them reading a newspaper.

Sindhu took the plate with her sandwich and went towards the pool.

"Good morning John." Sindhu greeted John and said in the chair next to him.

Gautham looked up when he saw Sindhu and waved at her. She gave him a smile and then started munching on her sandwich. John knowing Sindhu too well took the glass of water from beside him and pushed it near her. Two bites in, Sindhu hiccupped. She took the water John passed and gulped on it. She then gave John a sheepish smile and continued along with her breakfast.

After two slices, Sindhu was full. There was still one slice left on her plate. She knew John would have already had his breakfast. So she took the last slice on her hands and walked towards the pool. She looked at Gautham and asked him by gestured if he wanted to eat.

Gautham did not reply but he swam towards the pool steps with Brad and Luzy high on his tail. He got out of the pool dripping. He wore short track pants and loose inner vests. But the vest clung to his body like glue. Thus his lean body and defined muscles were visible to see at its glory.

All Sindhu could do was gawk on him dazed. But damn! He looked hot. She couldn't help but drool on him.

Gautham walked towards Sindhu with water still dripping down his hairs. Once he reached her, he bent down and gave her a light kiss on her cheeks and said, "Good morning sleepy head."

Sindhu's heart skipped a beat and a slow grin spread on her face. She replied, "Good morning." with a sweet smile and fed him the sandwich.

Gautham took two bites in when Brad and Luzy appeared beside him after shaking off some of the water. Then they looked at Sindhu expectantly. Clearly, she couldn't resist those eyes. So she split the rest of the sandwich into two and fed them.

Gautham playfully glared at them both but then patted at their head letting out a chuckle.

"Hey, I will go shower and come okay??" Gautham said to Sindhu and once again gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked inside the house. Brad and Luzy followed suit.

Sindhu watched at his retrieving figure with a wide grin but the same turned to a complicated look when her thoughts started running wild. She came out of her daze only when she felt John stand beside her.

John put his arms around her shoulders and brought her closer to him. And Sindhu leaned on his shoulders for some comfort.

"Hey, kid. What's up??? You seemed happy just a minute ago." John asked.

"I am happy, more like he makes me happy." Sindhu replied.

After a pause, she continued, "You know John. In all these three months I knew him, he never complained once. No matter how spoilt I acted, he indulges me every single time. Even his parents do the same for some reason. They even know about my drinking problem. Okay, maybe I slightly over exaggerated but better safe than sorry right. I did not want to underplay it now and regret it later when I relapsed. I just wanted him to be well prepared for what might come. But he did not even flinch you know... All he said was that I was strong enough to beat it."

"He sounds great," John said.

"He is perfect. But John, you know me. Things I did... I don't know when I will be able to confide in him. What will happen when I finally do tell him and he cannot accept?? What happens if I relapse and do something stupid all over again???" Sindhu looked up at John and asked him earnestly.

"You just said so yourself that he was perfect. So have some faith in him, kid. You have got to trust him first. Just like how he trusts you to beat your problems you have got trust him to accept you when the time comes." John said.

"I know. I am trying. But trusting others is so hard when you can't trust yourself you know." Sindhu said in a dejected tone.

Right then they heard noise coming from inside the house. Then came Gautham strolling leisurely in his tracks and t-shirt with wet hair. He had a sandwich stuck between his mouth and another in his hands.

Sindhu frowned and took the sandwich from his mouth and asked him in an exasperated voice, "Can't you behave like a normal human being and use a plate??"

Gautham just gave her a cheeky grin and gestured Sindhu to feed him with his mouth wide open.

Even though Sindhu's heart warmed up at his antics she gave a sly smile and stuffed the whole sandwich into his mouth. It was just half a slice, so it shouldn't be too hard to swallow, just slightly embarrassing to bite through a mouthful. But then Gauthan started chocking.

Sindhu's eyes widened in surprise but then she quickly got him some water to drink and patted on his back to ease his discomfort.

She gave him a worried look and started apologizing, " Sorry.. sorry. I did not realize the piece was so big."

Gautham drank some water and concentrated on swallowing. Once he was done, he saw the worried face of Sindhu. He patted on her head and said, "It was not big, I was just surprised a bit. I am okay."

Sindhu slightly nodded in response and reached out to clean the breadcrumbs stuck on the corner of his mouth.

"What's the plan for today??" John asked. Sindhu finally turned away from Gautham and looked at John.

"I don't know. We will figure something out on the way. Why??" Sindhu asked John.

"Justasking. Don't stay out too late." John said simply and walked away.