Chapter 45

Sindhu parked the car in the front yard. This house was one of the only things she bought when John started selling her paintings like crazy at an exorbitant price. It was a luxury villa well on the outskirts of the city. It was actually way too big for a single person to live but this house was the only luxury she actually indulged in using that money. She never touched that money for anything major after buying this house but that is of course when she was sober.

The whole property was at least 10000 sq. ft. in total and half of it was covered in trees and other wild plants.

The house itself was a duplex. It had four large bedrooms. The whole décor was actually decided by Steve actually.

Looking from outside, there were four large French windows through which you could see almost whole of the living room. The door opened into the living which had an L shaped couch and a large flat screen tv in front of it. Behind the couch were the dining space and the open kitchen. And to the left of the couch, there were stairs to the first floor. The first floor was simple. It had a small open space either side of which had two bedrooms. Each bedroom had a very fancy attached bathroom of course. And the one room that Sindhu uses had a very spacious balcony and of course a swing. There was a larger swing on her back yard. And of course the security system was top notch. You couldn't really expect anything less from Steve now can we??

"You are telling me you own this place??" Gautham asked her gawking at the house that he was slightly intimidated to even enter.

"Yea. You do know that I am Ms. Annonymous right??" Sindhu said looking back at him.

"Yea, so??" he asked frowning.

"John sells each of my pieces at minimum 50 lakhs each. The pieces he likes, he won't let me gift it nor will he buy is straight. Instead he will put it to auction and out bid and buy it at an exorbitant price. Since he is one of the richest people around, people suck up to him by buying my pieces... And that old man built my brand with it. So... I ended up having a very fat bank account."

"And since I never came public with my identity, before I knew what was happening, John already made me into some kinda of legendary figure in art world. As expected of the most successful businessman." Sindhu explained.

"So you are telling me you are freaking rich??" Gautham asked shocked. If he was a cartoon character, his jaws would be on the floors just about now.

"I guess. But I never got anything for myself except for this house. I really don't know how he sells or what he does with it." Sindhu replied and started to go inside.

Gautham frowned. Something did not seem right with her expression. She seemed gloomy suddenly.

"Hey... what is it??" Gautham asked holding her back by her wrist.

"I don't know. It's just weird. When I am here, home feels far away and when I am home, this whole life I had for 3 years or so feel like a dream. I really don't know how to bring them together. Maybe that is why even the money from it never felt like mine. When I think of how I was supposed tell my mum and dad about John and everything- I get absolutely terrified." Sindhu explained.

Gautham did not know what to say to this. This was something only she can overcome. He can't exactly go and say everything to her mum. So instead of letting her brood as soon as they have arrived, he tried to distract her.

"I see that surprisingly this house is sufficiently furnished." Gautham said pointing his fingers at the couch in the living room.

Sindhu let out a groan, "Ugh... Don't even ask. Steve pestered me for straight 2 weeks to let him select the furniture's for this place. Now come on. I am tired. I am going to get some sleep." Saying thus Sindhu pulled Gautham with her to her bedroom leaving luggage in the entrance. This place must have some fancy security system cause as soon as they passed the threshold of the entrance the whole place locked down on itself.