Chapter 30

Gautham was in his house. It was filled with his relatives and friends. His cousins Siddhu, Rithima and Keerthi- were ganging up against him in his own room. He was sitting in one corner when everyone else was sitting on his bed goofing around. But Gautham was not really paying attention to them. He felt like he was floating in clouds at the thought that in just 2 weeks' time Sindhu will be coming to his home to live. That he will get to see her whole day every day. And without realizing it a big goofy grin spread on his face.

All three surrounding him let out a loud groan.

"Argh! Not again!!" Rithima exclaimed. This was not the first time this had happened. They tried so hard to hold a conversation or may be riling him up a bit. But nothing worked. All they got were his goofy grins. But the most frustrating part was Gautham kept spacing out on them. It was so hard to keep him focused for 5 straight minutes.

"Leave him alone Rithi. He is just high at the moment. Once he sobers up, he would have already become his wife's slave. After that we will see how he is able to keep grinning." Siddhu replied.

"I don't think that's going to happen, Siddhu. Look at him. Even if he is going to become his wife's slave I bet he is going to be happy happy person." Keerthi rebutted.

Right then Renuka came inside the room. "Guys leave him alone. But you guys are right on one count and wrong on another." She said while Gautham came out of his trance at last when his mum came in.

"What are we wrong about aunt???" Siddhu asked frowning in confusion.

"He is not going to become a wife's slave he is already one. But Keerthi is right; he is going to be happy happy person." Renuka said with warm smile dancing on her face.

"Mom, are you sure you are talking about me and not about you and your lovely husband???" Gautham asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Of course I am sure I am talking about you because even if we become Sindhu's slaves, we will be daughter's slaves not wife's slave." Renuka said righteously.

"..." Gautham was speechless. Now he wanted to rethink about staying here with Sindhu. Because if it was to go according to the wishes of the ladies, then forget about privacy, he was afraid he won't get even 5 freaking minutes alone with Sindhu. In all probability, even Sindhu will happily go away with his mum leaving him miserable without a second thought.

Siddhu went near his cousin and whispered in a voice that was just enough to be heard by the three youngsters, "Careful brother. I am afraid your wife is going to covet your family."

"Forget about my family being coveted. I am afraid my family will covet my wife. And from what I see, she will happily go away with them too." Gautham replied irritated.

"..." All the three cousins were speechless. They did not know how to take in this information. How can a whole family be head over heels for a girl in just a matter of couple of months they did not know? As convention go, wasn't there supposed to be bad blood between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law?? Why is the situation here so far away from it???

But before the three of them could come up with a response they heard Renuka say, "It's good that you know where you stand. So keep in mind that if you screw up, you will be ending up on streets. Like literally." Renuka was partly joking and partly being serious.

Renuka had faith in her son. She knew he was a good lad. And she saw the way he looks at Sindhu. She knew he was incapable of hurting Sindhu, at the very least not intentionally. And she knew for a fact that if he ever ends up hurting Sindhu unintentionally, he will be more devastated than Sindhu herself. But even then if he did end up doing something seriously vile and even if it was completely unintentional, he will still have to face the consequences all by himself. Renuka just wanted him to be clear of this, that every action had consequences.

But when she thought of how she would react if Sindhu ever end up hurting Gautham, she was drawing blanks. For some reason she had absolute trust in Sindhu. She believed firmly that Sindhu was way too sensible and emotionally mature to ever make that kind of mistake. But even then if something did happen despite herself, Renuka had this strange feeling that she would end up supporting Sindhu even then. Renuka herself was very surprised when she first came up with this answer. But she couldn't do anything about it. She just felt a kinship with Sindhu that she can only describe as maternal instincts. But it was normal as far as Renuka was concerned. Sindhu was perfect and she made Gautham so happy that she was not really surprised by her maternal instincts. But what actually surprised her was that the fact that she felt her feelings towards Sindhu could actually rival with her feelings for Gautham- a person who was her own flesh and blood, a person she had given birth to and brought up- that too in a matter of 6 months!!

If Gautham were to know Renuka's train of thoughts, he seriously wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. But thankfully he did not know what his mum was thinking. At that moment all he felt was irritation at the thought that her mum was being soo over protective over Sindhu while it was supposed to be his job in the first place.

Gautham scoffed and replied, "For the 100th time, I am not going to hurt my wife. You do not have to get all territorial over her. In fact, it's my job. Even though you keep saying she is your daughter, she will not be your daughter if she is not going to become my wife." Gautham had a prideful face for having made a successful come back at his mum but man was he soo wrong.

"Are you sure about that???" Renuka asked with a smirk, "Because as far as I know Sindhu will become my daughter in a blink of an eye without actually becoming your wife." Renuka had a face that dared Gautham to refute.

But all Gautham could do was succumb under her mum's intimidating eyes. It was not because he did not have faith in Sindhu. In fact he had 200% faith in her that given a chance Sindhu would end up doing exactly as her mum said.

Seeing the mother and son argue; Siddhu, Keerthi and Ridhi were left speechless. Wasn't there something extremely wrong with this argument? Wasn't Gautham supposed to be upset with his mum for choosing Sindhu over himself?? But why does it seem like he was jealous at the fact that Sindhu might choose his mum over him??

They desperately wanted to meet Sindhu but Gautham kept her hidden just for himself. Something about not letting any flies near her before she becomes his wife officially.