Chapter 40

It's been a month since the wedding. All the excitement calmed down and Gautham and Sindhu were getting back to normalcy. Sindhu was slowly getting used to living with Gautham and his family.

With Sindhu around, both Aruna and Govind were ecstatic. The atmosphere was very lively. Both Aruna and Govind adored her to bits. So much so that the very thing Gautham always feared had actually happened. He barely got alone time with Sindhu. With the little time he got, he kept steeling kisses from her secretly. But unlike the first one, these kisses were not innocent or sweet. These were actually deep, hungry and passionate that left Sindhu a breathless mess.

Sindhu felt like a princess in there. The smile in her face did not fall even for one minute. She even went to her house a couple of times and met up with her mum and dad. Of course Gautham latched along. Oddly she felt content with this normalcy.

Sindhu woke up early that day. It was her turn to cook. She cooked on weekends and other days Aruna cooked. Aruna won't let Sindhu anywhere near the kitchen on weekdays. She quietly slipped out of the bed without waking up Gautham and went to freshen up. And once she was done, she went straight to kitchen. She just wanted to show how much she appreciated everything Gautham, Aruna and Govind were doing for her. But no matter what she thought of, it did not feel enough. So she resigned and decided to just make some sweets for now. She will do something extravagant when she thinks of something worthwhile. So she prepared breakfast and lunch and some desserts for everyone today.

"What are you doing Sindhu??" Gautham's gorgy voice came from behind her when she was making jammuns. He was still sporting his bed hair. He looked at the jammuns and asked, "What's the occasion??"

"I just felt like it." Sindhu answered nonchalantly and then swatted on Gautham's hands that were trying to sneak a jammun.

"You will get to eat once you brushed your teeth." Sindhu said sternly as if she was disciplining a kid.

Gautham gave up on the sweets and clung to Sindhu instead. He circles his arms around her waists and rested his head on her shoulder. He followed her every step when she was cooking irritating the shit out of her. And when she was distracted, he gave her a wet noisy kiss on her lips and ran away.

"Gautham, you pig!! You stink you idiot." Sindhu shouted frustrated at him while wiping her mouth with the back of her hands.

Gautham stuck his tongue out at her from the dining hall and laughed hysterically seeing her irritated expression.

"You are soo getting for that." Sindhu said and quickly switched off the stoves and chased after him. But Gautham was one step ahead. He ran away before she could catch him. He went straight to their bedroom and locked himself in the bathroom while Sindhu was left to irritatedly hitting on the bathroom doors. Gautham was inside leisurely brushing his teeth with a triumphed smile.

When Gautham finally came down after freshening up Sindhu was still sulking. She glared daggers at him as soon as she laid eyes on him. Aruna and Govind gave each other a confused look but did not really ask anything since this shit happened almost every other day. They simply had their breakfast and let the youngster's deal with themselves. They knew even if Gautham was gloating now, he would be the one crawling back to her in no time.

Govind had diabetes. So obviously he was not allowed to eat the sweets. But he had a sweet tooth. So he kept eyeing the jammuns longingly. And every time that happened, Aruna would give him a stern look and he will look down defeated.

Sindhu of course saw the whole exchange. That's why when everyone retired she sneaked a bowl of jammuns to the balcony and asked Govind to meet her there.

"What is it Sindhu??" Govind asked confused at Sindhu since she said not to tell Aruna anything.

That's when she took out the bowl of jammuns from behind her and gave Govind a mischievous grin. Of course Govind's face immediately lit up like a Christmas tree. He took the bowl like it was a treasure and savored each piece very carefully and slowly while thanking Sindhu profusely.

Right when he was putting the last piece in his mouth, "Govind," Aruna's angry voice was heard from behind them.

Sindhu and Govind looked at each other. They really can't get away scot free now that they were caught red handed. So they wanted to protect each other. Thus both said in chorus,

"Mom, dad did not ask." Sindhu.

"Aruna, I only asked for it." Govind.

Gautham came in hurried when he heard the commotion.

Aruna glared at the father and daughter duo while Govind quietly brought Sindhu behind him and faced Aruna.

"Are you a kid Govind?? Don't you know how to control yourself??" Aruna asked glaring at Govind and then she turned and walked away while Govind chased after her.

Gautham frowned at Sindhu. He knew she wouldn't sneak sweets to dad knowing his condition. That is why this whole situation did not make sense to him.

"I made them with Sugar-free sweetener." Sindhu clarified Gautham's unspoken question.

But then he was even more confused, "Then why didn't you tell it earlier??" Gautham asked.

"Mum knows." Sindhu said simply while Gautham's confusion just grew bigger.

Sindhu let out a sign and explained exasperated, "I think mum wants to make dad curtail his sweet in take on his own. She saw me make a batch for dad in the kitchen. But she still kept glaring at him in dining hall every time dad eyed them. So I guessed she wanted to make a drama and teach dad a lesson in such a roundabout way so that he won't slip up when she was not around." Sindhu explained to Gautham as if she was explaining rhythms to pre-KG kids.

Gautham's jaws dropped to ground. Ladies in this household were scary.

"Do you guys talk about script before executing or does this understanding come naturally between the two of you??" Gautham asked amazed at his wife's understanding of Aruna with just one gesture.

"Not only mum I can see past you too. Don't even think for a second think I forgot what happened in the morning." Sindhu said giving Gautham a sweet smile that made Gautham break out in cold sweet. Like he thought, ladies in this household were very very scary.

"Come on Sindhu. It was just a morning kiss filled with love and affect." Gautham said sheepishly and tried to plead for reduction in his sentencing by brown nosing her.

But Sindhu did not bother with him. She just turning and left while Gautham followed her pleading.

The sweetness in their childish banter was intoxicating and addictive for Gautham. He found her so cute when she glared and got irritated at him. Even though she was stubborn her anger did not last long when it came to him.

He really loved her to pieces. With each passing day his loved for her swelled leaps and bounds. Even though Sindhu was yet to reciprocate, he was content with her smiling every day. And he basked in her care every day. She never did anything extravagant. It was always smaller things like how she made sugar free jammuns for Govind today.

For Gautham she couldn't be more perfect.