Chapter 35

Reception hall.

The entrance had a big board which read "Sindhu weds Gautham" with glittering letters and sparkling lights adorning it. A few steps in, on the left side on a table there were flowers and sweets. Two ladies were standing behind the table all dressed up welcoming the guests by giving flowers and sweets.

A few steps further, a big door opened to the hall. There were rows and rows of chairs arranged in order and it was almost fully filled up already.

Instrumental music was playing on the background softly. But the people talking almost drowned it. Getting to know new people, catching up with long distant relatives, people seemed happy to be there. Both side parents were busy inviting guest and cratering to their need.

The whole place was brightly lit and decorated. The whole place had a festive atmosphere. There were long distant relatives catching up after a long time, there were college friends gathering after a long time, there were elders congratulating the couple. There were kids happily going around and playing in groups. And there was a camera man trying to capture everything here.

But of course not everyone was gleefully happy. There was one person who was most miserable but still had to smile and that would be Sindhu. She was stuck with a camera man who kept asking her to pose this way and that way.

It already took all of her patience to just sit and let the make-up artist do her stuff. But of course Sindhu had given her the puppy dog eyes and convinced her and kept the make-up and dressing as simple as possible for the given occasion and that in itself took hours. Right then the camera man came in and started ordering her around to pose. His reasoning being, take the photos before the exhaustion kicks in and ruins the whole look. But Sindhu was screaming inside her head 'I am already exhausted'

She could have done the same trick as she did at engagement but his aunt was around and she is one of those people who liked taking photos of herself unlike Sindhu.

If this kept going for some more time, Sindhu would end up strangling the photographer with or without witness. So she sent a quick text to Gautham to rescue her somehow. If it was someone from her own side of relatives, they will be easily subdued by her aunt. But if it was from the groom's side, she won't be able to say anything. So she prayed Gautham had his phones with him and came to her rescue as soon as possible.

And that was exactly what Gautham was working on. Of course, he too had to go through the process of being photographed. But when he saw the text from Sindhu, he threw his friends under the bus and escaped immediately. But then his brain started working. He can't exactly go and barge into the bride's dressing room. That would be so inappropriate with so many relatives and elders around. So he went straight in search of his mum. Only she could save him now. It took him 10 painstaking minutes to just find his mum amongst the crowd.

He gave her an awkward smile and whispered into her ears, "Sindhu is in verge of strangling the photographer."

"Okay I will go get her. And you." She said pointing her fingers at Gautham, "You shouldn't be out of your room. You go back in. Someone will be there to pick you too. You two should come to stage together anyways." Then Aruna went to rescue... the photographer of course. And Gautham too retired to his room.

And of course Adithya and Pritham being the good friends they were had already chased away the photographer successfully. And 15 minutes later Gautham was standing anxiously right outside the entrance waiting for Sindhu. He had a black jean, a white shirt and a grey blazer. Typically guys end up wearing a full suit but thankfully Sindhu had a different taste and it worked in Gautham's favor greatly. Even when the hall was fully air conditioned, it was still too hot a day to be wearing a three piece suit.

Right then he heard heels clinking from behind him. He turned around only to find Sindhu descending the stairs.

She looked breathtaking. Her attire was simple but gorgeous. She had a greyish silver blouse that matched with him blazers. It had golden embroidery all over it. And her saree was reddish orange with a thick border that was again embroidered in gold. Except for the border, the rest of the saree was simple with only polka dots. She wore it simply with a single fleet secured with a pin over her shoulders. She even kept the accessories to the minimal. She had a thick golden choker neckless and a matching jumki earring and netthi cutti. She had a long chain made of red pearl and matching bangles. Her hair was neatly combed into a traditional bun with a thick layer of orange flowers around it. She had make-up on for the first time. But it did not seem too excessive. All in all she looked mesmerizing.

Gautham had this sudden itch to just lock her in a room and keep her for himself. He did not want to share her with anyone, especially when she looked like this. He was almost drooling with his jaws almost touching the floor.

While Gautham was drinking on her beauty, Sindhu was struggling to keep herself from falling face first on the floor. She was not used to wearing heels. That too with her saree, she could barely take a few steps without stumbling. She had this urge to take off everything and just run away. She seriously did not have the patience to deal with people on top of sarees and heels. She gritted her teeth and tried to calm herself down as much as possible.

Gautham saw her struggling and went beside her to help. She looked like someone ready to shred everything to pieces with her bare hands at that moment. Thankfully all she was holding was the pallu of her saree. Gautham quickly gave a small peck on her cheeks and took her hands into his and carefully walked her down the stairs.

Sindhu had been too pre-occupied to feel Gautham beside her, but when he pecked her and carefully took her down the stairs, without her realizing an adorable smile spread on her face. A smile that was genuine and painless. And at that moment for the first time that day she actually looked like a happy bride. And pitiful as it is Gautham did not get to see it as of yet.

But thankfully the photographer waiting for them at the end of the stairs at last shed happy tears for having caught something worthwhile. They were picture perfect at that moment. He had never seen a more difficult couple. Both of them ran away from him as if he was some wild animal chasing after them for blood.

By the time the couple reached the entrance, they were already surrounded by bunch of relatives and friends.

Between smiling and thanking people for their wishes and accepting gifts, were the day went Sindhu did not know. Of course the heels did not last long. She would rather walk barefoot than walk around in that piece of stone.

By the time all the festivities quieted down it was almost midnight. Both Sindhu and Gautham were standing on stage for hours together receiving gifts. Once the entire guests have retired, they both ate and retired to their respective rooms.