F I F T Y - T W O

Raye had slept over at my place yet again but all we did was cuddle through the night. I was the little spoon and I was never happier to have her snuggle up behind me, pressing her face into the back of my neck.

We fell asleep in each other's arms shortly after.

When I woke up the following morning I found my head resting against Raye's chest with her brushing my hair with her fingers. It was nice waking up to her beneath me and I knew I'd want to wake up that way every other morning for the rest of my life.

She noticed I was awake because of my movements and she started talking, her voice raspy from the night's sleep.

"Did I wake you?"

"What, no you didn't."

"Good because I think we should talk, about last night and what it means."

"Okay,"

I rose my head from her chest, moving my entire body altogether to sit up in bed with my feet tucked under me.
I rubbed at my eyes, pushing away the blurriness in my vision.

"Does it mean that you've made up your mind, about us?"

I could tell that she was a bit nervous bringing it up and I smiled at how cute she was.

"It's why I did that, I wanted my parents to meet you, so they'd be aware of my decisions. I do want us to give it another go." I replied and she graced me with a smile. It was filled with excitement and relief but it faltered a short while after.

"Brienna, are you sure it's what you want?"

"I am. I need you and that's something I will always be sure about. I just want us to take our relationship slow, is all."

"We can definitely do that."

"Good because I don't want to lose you again, I don't think I could live through that," I stared off into the distance, reminiscing on how broken I was a little over a year ago. I was going through therapy, I was unhappy that Raye and I had broken up, with her hiding somewhere in the world. I was at my lowest point back then and I didn't want it to have to repeat itself and that's why I intended on taking things slow with Raye.

"I'm sorry that I left putting you through all that, I can never stress how much I am," Raye said sliding her fingers between mine and pulling me from my reverie.

"It's okay. At least I have you now."

"Of course you do baby." She smiled again and it warmed my heart.
I wanted to spend all day cuddling up with her inside of my bed, but I couldn't. Work was in the way and it made me frown just to think about it.

"Why make such a face?" I caught Raye staring at me with a grin and I shook my head to dismiss it.

"Nothing,"

"It must be something, you look I don't know— angry."

"No, I'm not. I was just thinking that I wanted to spend the entire day in bed with you but I have work soon." I replied staring at my clock. It was shortly after six and I needed to be at work for nine.

"Then take the day, I'm sure you can,"

"I can't," I sighed.

"Hey, hey, no sighing or pouting. How about you let me fix your mood for you, give you a boost of energy?" Raye smirked and I knew exactly what she was thinking. It made my stomach flutter from the excitement and I blushed.

"So, give me a reason to smile all day today at work then," I retorted and Raye got up and slowly undressed.

She peeled the t-shirt she was wearing off of her body revealing her perfect breasts. Her nipples were already hard and I reached over, twirling my thumb against one and she sucked in a low breath. It made me pleased and even more turned on that she reacted that way.