21

Update
For those of you who don't know. But my mother passed away recently that i wasn't in a shape to update. This might be short too but i really tried. Love you.

Jungkook backed off from Jimin whose heart raced as he saw him step back once more.
"So, you like him?" Jungkook asked softly.
"No! It's just that... He was so upset and I.. I've been in a such a bad place lately that i gave into the temptation of feeling wanted. It really didn't mean anything!" Jimin explained frantically.
"Oh okay.." Jungkook nodded.
"What?" Jimin was confused by his reaction.
"No, i mean.. I get it. And you didn't even have to explain anything to me. It doesn't matter to me." Jungkook said as he looked around trying to hold back his temper from going ablaze.

"Jungkook.." Jimin whispered.
"We should go inside." Jungkook smiled.
"Are you sure you're not... Mad at me?" Jimin tried.
"Of course not! Why would I be upset? Haha. Let's go." Jungkook said quickly and walked in. Jimin's heart hurt so bad, but he followed quietly.

Jungkook walked off to another direction and Jimin went to Hoseok.
"Wassup?" Hoseok smiled.
"Nothing. Can I help?" Jimin smiled. Hoseok's eyebrows furrowed and he held his hands.
"Are you sure?" He asked again.
"Yes, hyung. I'm fine." Jimin lied. He felt like he had messed up by telling Jungkook and made it awkward especially since Jungkook didn't seem to care that much.

Taehyung walked to Jimin and immediately sensed he was upset.
"You okay?" he cupped his face. Jimin looked up into his eyes and nodded.
"Just tired." he said softly.
"Do you want to leave?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi were standing near them and talking to one of their grandmas. Jungkook looked up at Jimin and Taehyung, his eyes becoming glassy.

"No. You can go. I'll stay for a bit." Jimin said holding his hands briefly.
"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked softly.
"Yes. I'll see you soon." Jimin smiled at him.
"Okay. Take care." Taehyung hugged him tightly then said bye to the boys. Namjoon walked him till the gate and then came back.

Jimin was standing nervously and he approached him.
"You okay?" Namjoon tried.
"Yes." Jimin was clearly struggling. His eyes were glued onto Jungkook who was sitting and talking to Yoongi and Jin. Jimin decided to just help around the place and talk to a few people and then simply go home and sleep.

He learned about so many stories. People who had been abandoned by their kids and grandkids. It was so sad, that it was almost disgusting. Jungkook also avoided him all day. He didn't say a word and Jimin got more and more exhausted.
"Jungkook.. Are you mad at me?" he went up to him and asked.
"No. Just busy." Jungkook said. Jimin nodded and tried to accept the fact that maybe Jungkook honestly didn't really care. Maybe he didn't like him like that, Jimin thought.

"Boys! Let's eat!" Hoseok announced for dinner a few hours later. Everyone went to a huge dining hall as they sat.
"Taemin-ah! Sit next to me!" The same lady from earlier called out to Jimin. She was still holding onto the picture of the man who looked like him. How could he have just abandoned her? She loved him so much! Just why? It made Jimin so mad. He sighed and sat next to her.

Jungkook was sitting directly in front of him. But he wasn't making eyecontact with him, Jimin shook his head, confused and then they all began eating.
"Can I get some water?" Jungkook asked and Jimin passed him the water. Jungkook looked at his hand and chose to get up to get another bottle.
"Thanks." Jungkook said curtly. The boys immediately sensed something was very wrong and Jimin looked down as his tears threatened. Jin and Namjoon shared glances as Hoseok began feeling awful. They all lost their appetite almost instantly but could not show their discomfort because they were their for their grandparents and parental figures. Jimin shifted his attention to the lady next to him and they talked.

After dinner the lady next to him kissed his head.
"See you soon, my baby." she said sweetly.
"See you." Jimin kissed her hands. She waved to him and was taken to her room. Jimin smiled at Jungkook who looked away, he sighed went out to the balcony. He stood there confused and hurt.
"Hey." he heard Yoongi.
"Hyung." Jimin smiled.
"What happened?" Yoongi said as he lit a cigarette.

"Nothing." Jimin tried.
"Come on.." Yoongi smiled.
"I kissed Taehyung. I was so desperate for love that i gave into it but it... It didn't feel right. It just reminded me of how lonely I am. How sad it is to be me. I have no friends. No family. No one." Jimin shook his head then saw Yoongi offer him the cigarette he waa smoking. Jimin took it smoked it too.
"Life is just hard." Jimin sighed as he blew out the smoke.
"Yes. It is. But that's the beauty of it. And mistakes are some of the best memories and lessons in life. Don't dwell over things that have happened, you'll never be able to move forward. It can be very daunting but don't feed yourself lies. You have us as friends and you do have a family, mend your bond with them. " Yoongi said.

"I'm literally just as worse as that Taemin guy. I abandoned my family too. They don't deserve this kind of bullshit, probably better off without me." Jimin shook his head.
"Taemin hyung did not abandon his mother." Yoongi said and Jimin looked at him.

"He was her only son. He along with his wife and two kids, took care of her for years. She was already struggling with dementia. One night he was driving back from a dinner and some drunk kid hit his car. He and his entire family died that night, leaving his mother all alone. She couldn't ever reconcile with his death. And gradually the dementia got so bad, she sort of forgot about his death. She thinks he's in school. " Yoongi explained and Jimin's tears fell.
"I-.." Jimin cried.

"He didn't abandon her. He loved her, till his last breath. Jimin, I've learned life is very unpredictable, you just have to go all out. You need to grab opportunities for everything, nothing is served. My abusive past didn't hold me back from raising my brothers. Hoseok's past didn't stop him from loving me. Namjoon still studied despite every obstacle. Jin hyung still cares for us even though his family didn't want him around. Jungkook had no one, he tries to be there for everyone. And for you, you need to understand that you have to live in the now. The past is gone and this moment will be past too, just have to seize it and move ahead. Fix the bonds you think have broken. " Yoongi said.
"And chase the love you deserve, it's not easy. But it's too fucking good to chicken out of. But mostly, because you owe your soul happiness, you need to chase that love." Yoongi said holding his hand.

Jimin's tears fell endlessly as he looked at Yoongi. In that moment he was grateful he had a guide like this in his life. Some bonds were beyond just love, lust or blood. They were relations that bound us as a family based on trust and support.
"Thank you.." Jimin whispered.
"No problem, kid." Yoongi ruffled his hair and beamed. They crushed the cigarette and walked in.

Author's note

I love you all. ❤️