27

Update 👀
Don't forget to vote bbies💕

Jimin went to work and saw Taehyung sitting in his cabin. He looked much better than before.
"Tae?" Jimin beamed.
"Jimin!" Taehyung smiled and got up to hug him. Jimin hugged him very tightly.
"How's everything?" Jimin smiled and looked up him.
"It's pretty okay now. I was super worried but he got better so." Taehyung said.
"That's great!" Jimin jumped. Taehyung's arms still wrapped around his waist.

Jimin backed off awkwardly and looked down.
"You okay?" Taehyung asked.
"Um. Yeah. I got some news too... I'm dating Jungkook." Jimin said softly and Taehyung's heart shattered. He had liked Jimin for such a long time and Jungkook barely knew him but Jimin was willing to give him a chance. His breathing got heavier and heavier as he felt tears build up.

"Oh.. Um.. He's great. Yeah. I am happy you finally found someone." he said timidly and faked a smile.
"Tae.." Jimin stepped closer to him.
"It's not that you're not great or anything. But maybe that's the thing. I've known you for so long and, I just know you'll find better. And... You're my best friend. The only friend I have." Jimin held his hands. Taehyung looked into his eyes and nodded. He loved Jimin too much, he wasn't going to lose him just because of this.

"Join me for a beer after work?" Taehyung asked.
"Sure." Jimin said and walked to the door.
"Jimin?" Taehyung called him.
"Yeah?" Jimin turned around.

" You know you're my soulmate. " Taehyung smiled.
"I do." Jimin laughed very hard.

Back when Jimin and Taehyung were in highschool:

It was Jimin's first day in his new school. It was super big and everyone had already made friends because Jimin had joined a week later. He entered the class nervously and everyone looked at him from tip to toe. It felt just like middle school where everyone saw Jimin as the awkward shy kid and laughed at him for it.

It wasn't that Jimin couldn't make friends but he just didn't know how to approach first. And that made him seem either arrogant or weird. He just hoped he could just get over with highschool and then go pursue his dreams of being a singer.

Jimin got really nervous and then his eyes met with a boy sitting at the last seat. His black hair fell in front of his eyes, his eyes had a very gentle expression and he beamed at him. Jimin just gave him a small smile.

Everyone sat with their friends and there were only a few seats left. One next to the handsome boy. He was insanely popular already and everyone talked to him. Jimin on the other hand had to stand awkwardly and no one really cared.

"Hi, I'm Jimin. May I sit here?" Jimin said timidly as he asked.
"Taehyung. And sure!" He beamed.
"I'm sorry I have to sit here. The teacher told me to pick a seat and I thought you're kinda familiar even though you aren't.." Jimin said awkwardly.
"Soulmate?" Taehyung teased.
"Totally!" Jimin laughed hard.

The day progressed, Jimin noticed how everyone wanted to be friends with Tae.
"Why is he sitting with the freak?" a boy commented seeing Jimin sit quietly. He felt so awkward and just fidgeted and Taehyung glared at the boys.

Soon it was lunch and everyone left with their friends.
"Tae, you coming?" A guy called to him.
"Of course." Taehyung beamed. Jimin looked down and decided to stay back in class alone.
"Hey! Let's go, soulmate!" Taehyung held his hand and gave him a warm smile. Jimin smiled and left with him.

Present:

The day had passed by fairly quickly. Taehyung and Jimin barely spoke to each throughout the day but of course Jimin remembered they had plans after work. He walked out and saw Taehyung standing in the balcony.
"Hey, stranger." Jimin beamed.
"Hey." Taehyung smiled.

"I thought we'd have a beer here. Mend our bond where it got weak in the first place." Taehyung said and offered him a bottle. Jimin chuckled and took it. They clinked bottles and took a sip. They talked a lot about school days. Like one time when Taehyung got drunk and was stripping on top of a stranger's car and Jimin literally had to drag him away.

Or like the time Jimin was so tired while hiking that Taehyung carried him the entire remaining way. They laughed a lot and then finally fell silent as they stood next to each other, looking out at the beautiful view. They sighed together as they thought of how time had broken their friendship, there was a time when they couldn't spent more that 10 hours apart and then it just became awkward to even talk for 1 minute. All because of one night.

But was it even that harsh? Should Taehyung have not said what he did? Taehyung looked down as the thought came into his mind. But he did it in good faith. Jimin nodded as the thought came into his. Finally he broke the silence.

"Why did we even drift apart?" Jimin said sadly.
"Because I was stupid." Taehyung spoke.
"No.. You said it because you cared about me." Jimin spoke softly.
"No... I was way out of line. I should have encouraged you but I -" Taehyung sighed.
"Tae. Its okay... We're okay now." Jimin held his hand and Taehyung nodded timidly.

"So, Jungkook." Taehyung said after a pause.
"Yessss!" Jimin beamed.
"Is it the thick thighs?" Taehyung teased him.
"It's everything else. He takes care of me and he just... Made me feel like there might be a thing like love after all." Jimin smiled and Taehyung beamed.
"And yes, the thick thighs are a cherry on the top." Jimin laughed and Taehyung shook his head laughing.
"It's late. We should go home." Jimin said softly and Tae agreed.

"I am glad we did this. Let's make a our thing. A beer here, every week." Taehyung said.
"Sure!" Jimin bit his lip and smiled.
"This was great, soulmate." Jimin said cutely.
"Mm hm." Taehyung nudged him with his shoulder.

Authors:

Go hug your soulmates, even if they fucked up. 😔💕

Lol. This chapter is mildly inspired by my friendship with my best friend. 💀