Chapter 7

I was now parked up in Adam's drive, the house was surrounded by trees, totally isolated but not in a creepy way where its screaming come in at your own risk, it looked welcoming. The front door was a dark grey, plain white nets hung in front of the windows, from the outside it looked lovely. A decent size aswell, looked at least a four bedroom If not more.

I took in a deep breath my vision now on myself in the rear view mirror making sure I looked a little decent, it didnt matter that on the inside i was a complete mess, a broken mess.

The memory of Calvin's cold hands wrapped around my delicate throat, trying to squeeze the life out of me. I was still in shock, he had become a monster, someone who swore to protect me, to love me, to always treat me as an equal. I could feel the ache of my heart pounding against my chest as it broke into small tiny pieces underneath my bruised ribcage.

It took every ounce of strength I had to get of the car and face Adam, the make up I was wearing covered up some of the marks but It was still noticeable. I hoped my babies didn't question my appearance, Dylan's getting older now I know I can't fool him as easily as I can with Layne, she still carries so much innocence around in her perfect little frame.

I drew in a sharp quick breath before knocking on the front door with my knuckles. My aching heart still managing to beat but at a much slower paste than it normally would. I blinked back the tears that was trying to escape from my puffy eyes.

Not now Millie, later.

I told myself over and over as I waited for Adam to open the door so I could hold my babies, they gave me more strength than they'd ever imagined. I needed them right now, I just needed to see there exquisite faces, my eyes had just witnessed Calvin try and destroy me physically and emotionally, they needed to block out the memory of Calvin's angry presence smothering me, the only way It could was too look at my children's angelic faces. A pure treat for my eyes.

I was cut short of my thoughs as Adam swung open his front door, his smile fell instantly as his now wide hazel eyes searched me up and down, he blinked a few times forming no words, it didn't help that the light from the hallway seem to bright up the outside of his house. I knew I looked so raw and open under his gaze, no amount of make up could hide that.

I quickly cleared my throat, chucking on the biggest smile I could form, trying to push the pain and heart break down to my core.

"Hey," my voice sounding a little wobbly.

Adam's Hazel eyes still watching me intensely, his Jaw clenched and his eyebrows drawn in together.

We carried on staring at one another, it felt like minutes had gone by but I'm pretty sure it was just seconds, my bright blue eyes trying to shield the pain and hurt I was feeling.

"Mummy!" Layne shouted before running up to me, my attention was pulled away from Adam and onto my baby girl. I could feel my face lit up instantly. God I missed her so much, I put my body weight onto my shin that was now laying against the floor, my arms out wide for her. Layne ran straight into my embrace, throwing her little arms around my neck. I bit down hard on my bottom lip so my cries of pain stayed in my throat. I held onto my daughter for the longest time, I breathed in her scent, her hair smelt of our blueberry shampoo. She was so perfect. I smiled against her bright blonde hair.

"Hey baby girl, I missed you." I whispered into her hair.

"I missed you too Mummy, but I had the best time!" She squealed,

"Good baby," my smile still staying strong and wide.

At least I knew the pain Calvin put me through wasn't for nothing.