Chapter 4

"Amy call me Joan, none of this Mrs. business, it makes me feel old and I hate that. What's the matter with Cora?"

"Joan," Amy began, she didn't know how to break the news, your daughter"

"Did she get a boob job? She's been talking about getting one what is it?" Joan bubbled.

Amy hung her head and sighed.

"It's something bad isn't it," Joan said softly looking at Amy.

"Yes," Amy said "She was raped and tortured last night, she is alive, but brace yourself because she is a mess"

"My baby was," Amy was just in time to keep Joan from falling to the floor.

"Help" she called. Several attendants rushed to her and got Joan onto a gurney and carried her off to a room." She left her number with one of the attendants and went back to see Cora.

"Hi" Cora whistled through the enormous gap between her teeth.

"Hi Cora how are you feeling"

"Better" she lisped.

"I called your mom, she's downstairs"

"I don't want her to see me like this Amy" Cora said tears forming in the corners of her battered eyes.

"Okay. I'll ask her to wait, What happened."

"Well, when they came to the car and found out you were gone. Blake started yelling at me" We drove for a while he was on the phone most of the ride, we came to that barn where you found me. There were four other cars there when we got there. They tied my hands and cut off my clothes. They tied my legs apart and took turns. I don't know how many guys there were. One guy wanted to use my mouth. I wouldn't open it. They beat me. When I woke up a guy was pulling my tooth with a pair of pliers. They tied ropes." Cora fell silent.

"It's okay Cora" Amy assured her.

"No it's not okay, I'm a stupid stupid bimbo"

"Cora you are my friend."

"Some kind of friend I am to you" she sputtered "They would have expected you to."

"I know," Amy said.

"That wasn't fair to you and honestly Blake and his brother aren't that nice"

"I would say they aren't," Amy said softly holding Cora's hand.

"Time for your meds," The nurse said handing Cora her pain medications. Cora drank them down and was alert for another ten minutes before she drifted off.

Amy's phone rang, Cora, shook slightly at the noise. "Hi Joan" Amy said answering, she said she doesn't want you to see her like she is. She's sleeping, Just be prepared"

Amy met Joan outside the room and held her hand when they walked in. Joan covered her mouth when she saw her daughter. "Oh dear god," she whispered.

"I know," Amy said. "she called me and I went and got her after"

"You are a good friend to her Amy, Oh my poor baby, did they get who did this?"

"Not yet., she really hasn't talked, they pulled eight of her teeth out"

"Oh my god!" Joan said softly "Amy promise me they will get this guy"

"I'll do my best to help Cora, Joan, and I will help the police all I can.

"Thank you, Amy, I'll be back when she is ready to see me"

"Okay" Amy said.

She watched as the older woman pulled out her phone "Hello Hank, It's our baby Cora Hank, bad people got her, and, and, they did horrible terrible things to her Hank" She gushed, the tears falling freely as she walked out the door.