Chapter 34

Amy almost hated the situation. Cora and Trina and Andy with her all at a restaurant discussing dresses. She wasn't even sure she felt like wearing a dress. She felt a little overwhelmed with the three other girls so open with their own sexuality. That Cora had picked her to be the maid of honor was even more daunting. She had been to one wedding when she was six and she had sat in the audience and watched as the people, she didn't even remember who they were going through the boring ceremony. What was worse was Trina and Andy openly groping each other and teasing her when no one was looking.

Amy had to admit that the short tryst with the two girls had been fun but it wasn't anything like how she felt about James. What James had done to her on the bank of his pond had exploded her expectations. She had had no idea that sex could be like that, that sex like that had even been possible. She had walked around for a week with a buzz. Here she was again alone, having breakfast before the rehearsal. She was beginning to really dislike these public functions. "Do you have a date for the wedding?" Trina asked.

"What?"

"The wedding do you have a date?"

"I... What?"

"You know someone to go with you? Damn Amy either you have someone to come with you or you don't"

"Yeah what about your beau?" Tina teased.

"I guess I could ask him"

"You haven't?" Andy's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"No, I didn't think?"

"Well you should ask him"

"Okay Fine I will"

The waitress appeared with their meals and Amy ate in the comfortable silence. She was still reeling at being the maid of honor. She really had no idea what she was doing. But she had agreed to it as Cora's best friend she couldn't believe it and she felt that anything that she would come up with would be tame and boring for her friend. Seriously her idea of a good time was a glass of wine and a pretty view. She knew that Cora was raunchier than that and she wasn't sure how. Well, Cora was still pregnant so that did mean that she could hold the booze down. She could do this she thought. Now all she needed was a date for the wedding. In fact, now that she thought about it Cora was very pregnant, she wasn't sure how far away the due date was, she had lost track of time. But Amy was sure that Cora was showing now and in another month. Well, Cora would be that much closer. What could she do to entertain her for a night? Most of what Cora did involved booze and well sex and booze was off the table and she was with Marcus now so she didn't think that sex would be particularly appropriate. She would definitely have to think about it.

Amy didn't really think that James would be much help, he didn't seem the type to do celebrations the only one who might be helpful was Andy, and after her overdose, Andy wasn't talking to her. She really didn't understand that Andy didn't seem like the type to destroy herself but then again, one could never tell. She had just gotten that crushing story and she got syndication and she was supposed to move to a real city. She had gotten offers from LA and San Fransisco, Chicago and New York. Atlanta had even called her she had so many choices now and the world had opened up for her. But it appeared that Andy was on a bend that she wasn't likely to recover from at least not without some professional help. Amy worried about her. But there was only so much she could really do. Andy was her friend and she had done her best to save her from her own self-destruction. Perhaps one day... yes, one day maybe Andy would thank her for it.