Chapter 16

Donna Linwood sat at her desk as the two FBI agents grilled her boss. She had no idea this would happen but it had. The Chief was red-faced and blustering loudly about jurisdiction and how that the event only had to do with one prostitute, he hadn't counted on the reports that Donna had put together and forwarded to them. They were supposed to be locked in a filing cabinet and forgotten. Donna hadn't been able to bring herself to do that after the pictures of Cora. The attack on Amy made things worse and she knew they were all connected and apparently after a little digging the guys who had been in the hospital confessed that someone had paid them to try and kill her or at least scare her. And then there was the arson if you could call it that at Amy's house. She was glad she had had the foresight to make sure that she was out of the house or at least had a way out of the house.

It was ten minutes later when more agents started to appear around the department. They took their time putting more and more of her colleges in cuffs. The Chief was the last to go a convoy of corrupt police officers and their FBI Nannies left the police office nearly deserted. "Donna" one of the Agents came over to the corner of her desk. "Sorry about all this but it looks like these boys owned the police"

"Yes I know and probably the judges too"

"Probably but it will be a little trickier to get them since they know what we are doing. There will certainly be a big upheaval, we have also arrested several council members, but we couldn't get all the cockroaches."

"Well, that doesn't solve the problem the girls are still in danger."

"Actually... Will and Blake are on the run now."

"What, how?"

"Oh we have them on tape trying to hire men to kill the girls and we have a few suspects who openly admitted to killing a few girls who looked like Cora and Amy"

"You do?"

"Yes, their lawyer, on the other hand, says he doesn't know where they are."

"Of course not"

"He's a slippery weasel of a man, but we will get them don't worry"

"What I'm worried about is all the women out there who are being targeted? What's being done about that? What about Cora and Amy?"

"Well until we can get these guys caught the bounty is still out there, and all their information is still out there, social media and the like."

"Yes, how is that helping?"

"Well since no one knows where they are."

"I know where they are" Donna glared at the agent.

"You do? Why don't you bring them in? We can protect them."

"For some reason, I think there are a few too many crazies out there who would like to put a bullet in their heads, they stay hidden!"

"I don't really approve of this if we get these two, they will have to testify."

"Clearly, but the sheriff already reported that two men tried to get at Cora, following her cell phone signal."

"What? When did this happen?"

"A few days ago, it's taken care of"

"What do you mean?"

"The suspects broke into a hunting cabin out in the woods and didn't survive"

"Oh!"

"No charges were brought, it comes down to trespassing and breaking and entering the sheriff isn't going to entertain any wrongdoing."

"But"

"Yes two men are dead and Cora is fine, and she no longer is carrying her cell phone.