Chapter 1

A young Tortoiseshell narrowed his eyes and watched a mouse skuttle across the ground. His tail flicked and he waited for the right moment. Then pounced...

He pushed his back legs up and soon sprang into the air. His claws unsheathed and he landed, his paws closing in on the mouse. "Roanfur"! A voice called. Roanfur picked up the dead mouse in his mouth, and looked towards the voice. Fallstar walked up to him with a smile. "Good job, my favorite deputy" She said and caressed his head lightly. Roanfur dropped his kill and smiled back. "Thanks Fallstar. Any news on the sick warriors"? He asked.

Fallstar sighed. "Greencough is spreading faster. Some of them have already perished" Her ears flattened with grief. "Poor Feildclaw. He is the only medicine cat at the moment. Hope he doesn't catch it" Roanfur said. "Well, lets take the kill pack to camp" Fallstar picked up some prey, and Roanstar followed with his mouse and other fresh kill.

A little while later........

Roanfur set the prey down and looked around. The fifteen cats that weren't sick were laying in the sun, or caressing the other cats fur. But they all looked up in his direction. A few sniffed at the prey. Jayleaf nuzzled him. "Nice job, brother" He whispered.

A white and black cat ran up. "Roanfur, your back"! The young apprentice jumped up and down. "Hello Moonpaw" The tortoiseshell said, and touched noses with the younger cat. "Lemonpaw, will you go take some prey to the Medicine den"? Fallstar asked. The young she-cat nodded, picked up some prey and scuttled away.

"Where is Ravenkit"? Roanfur asked his brother, Jayleaf. "He has Greencough has well....while you were getting prey, he got it" Jayleaf answered. "Oh....."

Ravenkit is Jayleaf's son

Fallstar jumped on a big rock. "Order of the clan! All cats that are able to catch there own prey gather around"! She meowed. Roanfur ran up and some other cats did too. "As you all know, half of our clan has Greencough. And Feildclaw is the only Medicine cat. Which means if he catches it too, then who will care for our sick clan"? Fallstar looked down at her cats. "So, I shall pick one warrior and one apprentice to help him. Bluejaw and Lemonpaw"! The tom warrior and she-cat apprentice nodded and ran off to the Medicine cat den.

Later that night....

A blood-curtling scream was heard. Roanfur jumped to his paws in alarm. He ran out of his den, and saw all the other cats awake, and confused and tired. "It came from the leaders den"! Moonpaw stated. Roanfur ran towards the den with everybody else behind him. His eyes widened in shock and horror.

"No, Fallstar, no"!