Chapter 22

Lilypaw blinked as Lemonseed brought over Blackberry leaves. She set them down in front of the young apprentice. "What kind of herb is this"? Lemondseed asked. Lilypaw studied the herb for a moment before looking back up at her mentor. "They are called Blackberry leaves" She answered. Lemonseed nodded. "And what do they do"? She asked. "They...they treat bee stings" Lilypaw mewed. "Good" Lemonseed said with approval. "Now, chew it up and them spread it on Skystreams sting" She said.

Lilypaw chewed up the leaves and spat it out on her paw. "This may hurt a little" She warned Skystream. Then she spread the paste out on the bee sting. She felt Skystream flinch but the she-cat said nothing. "There, all done! Is there anything else bothering you"? Lilypaw asked. "No, everything else is fine. Thank you, Lilypaw" Skystream got up and padded out of the Medicine den. Lilypaw beamed with pride and turned to her Mentor. "What do you want me to do now"? She asked.

Lemonseed walked over to Fieldclaw. "Any herbs we need to re-stock on"? She asked. Fieldclaw nodded. "We need Goldenrod, Catmint, Borage leaves and Chervile root" He said. Lemonseed nodded amd turned to Lilypaw. "Come on, lets go collect those herbs" She said. Lilypaw followed her out of the den. She suddenly stopped, frozen. Her mind whirled until she was in a dark place surrounded by fog and mist. "Find what's hidden within the Mist, for that is the only chance to save the clans within" A voice whispered.

What is this? Who is talking? What does it mean?

"You have to find that out on your own..." The voice said.

What?

"Lilypaw.....Lilypaw...Lilypaw"! The sound of her mentors voice snapped her back to reality. "Lilypaw, are you okay"? Lemonseed leaned down to her height, staring at her with concerned green eyes. "Find whats hidden within the Mist, for that is the only chance to save the clans Within" Lilypaw stated. "What does it mean"? She asked, looking up at her mentor. Lemonseed sighed. "You've been given a prophecy from Starclan. I got the same one a couple moons before you were born" Lemonseed  told her. "Nobody knows what it means"

"Let's just...go collect those herbs" Lilypaw started to pad out of camp, and Lemonseed followed. "Catmint first"? She looked back at her mentor, who nodded. "It's still leaf-bare, so we have to be prepared" Lemonseed answered. Lilypaw trotted towards the catmint patch and inpsected them. "Do they look good"? Lemonseed asked.

"A few are frozen. But most of them are fine" Lilypaw mewed in response. She snapped at the stems to get a mouthful of catmint. She waited for Lemonseed to get her share of catmint and they both went back to camp.