Chapter 15

Roanstar padded to the elders den. Sticking his head in, he saw Aspentail asleep. Sandpelt looked up at him with a purr. The tortoiseshell walked towards his mother. "Do you need someone to take care of your ticks"? Asked.

"No dear, but thank you" Sandpelt answered gently. Roanstar nodded and began to turn away. But he stopped when he heard her voice again. "Did I ever tell you about the clan me and Fallstar used to be in before we ran off to make this one"? Sandpelt asked.

Roanstar turned back around. "No, you haven't" He answered. "Well, you know about the fours clans around the lake"? Roanstar nodded. "Thunderclan, Riverclan, Shadowclan, and Windclan. Wait...isn't there a Skyclan now"? He tipped his head.

"Yes, there is. At least, that's what I heard. Well anyways, me and my sister were in Windclan" Sandpelt answered. Roanstar scoffed. "You and Fallstar used to be in Windclan? I hear their a prickly bunch. I can't imagine that you both were from Windclan" He purred and flicked his tail with amusement. "Indeed. Although, now I know why your a little prickly yourself"! Sandpelt mused.

"What? But I...no..I-Im not...not like that" He stuttered. Sandpelt purred. "I was only joking" She flicked his ear with her tail. Just then, Jaylead padded in. "May I join this conversation"? He asked.

"Of course" Roanstar gestured with his tail. Jayleaf stepped around Aspentail, who was STILL sleeping, and layed down next to them. "So who was the leader back then"? Roanstar asked. "His name was Tallstar. He was...such a great leader. It's such a shame that he died. Although he was very old" Sandpelt said.

"Your old too" Jayleaf mewed. Sandpelt shot him a glare. "Did I not teach you manners"? She asked. "No, that was supposed to be dads job. He never taught us a lot. Why, he let us bounce around the warriors den, and yowl all day" Roanstar answered.

"I swear to Starclan if Mottlednose was still alive...." Sandpelt muttered. Jayleaf purred with amusement. "He let us do whatever we want. He loved all of us. But I think he secretly loved Sunstreak the most" Jayleaf continued.

"Like that wasn't obvious. But now there in Starclan together. Its a shame they couldn't be here right now" Roanstar sighed. Sandpelt pressed her nose to his head. They heard rushed paw steps and Ravenstrike burst into the elders den. His eyes was filled with fear and worry. Jayleaf sat up. "What is it"? He asked.

"Thundermoon is having trouble breathing...I think he choked on a piece of vole"! He said with panick. Jayleaf instantly shot out of the den. Roanstar hurried out behind him.

Lemonseed was already standing over him, working on trying to help Thundermoon as he gasped for air. Jayleaf took a step towards him, but Lemonseed spoke. "Stay away! If I am to save him, I need everyone out of the way"! She hissed.

Askkit tried to peek out of the nursery, but Moonfrost held her back with her tail. "Awww, I wanna see"! Askkit complained. "Hush" Moonfrost scolded.

Roanstar turned back to look at Thundermoon. Suddenly, a peice of vole landed on the ground. His nephew was panting, and got to his paws. "T-thank you, Lemonseed" The Medicine cat nodded.

Roanstar flicked an ear. "That's why we don't gobble down food without chewing. Common sense" He turned and padded toward his den. He felt a cool breeze, and Ravenstrike was suddenly in front of him, blocking his path. "What is wrong with you"?! He growled. "Here we were, worrying about him. And You just go ahead and scold him! Seriously, what happened to you? What happened to Roanfur, the nice cat we knew"? Ravenstrike eyes narrowed.

"My name is not Roanfur! It's Roanstar. Now you ought to treat me with respect"! He snapped. He pushed past the brown and black tom, stomping towards his den.