Chapter 21

Roanstar watched Ashpaw as she hunted a vole. She leapted and landed, nipping it sharply on the neck. "Well done, Ashpaw" He murmered. His apprentice trotted up to him happily. "Lets take that back to camp, shall we"? Roanstar led Ashpaw back to Fallclan camp. "Come with me for a moment" He said, leading her to his den. "Ashpaw, I've realized how good a hunter your are. Your battle skills are amazing, and your only 8 moons old" He said.

Ashpaw's eyes brightened with surprise, and she purred. "How would you like to be a Warrior already"? He asked.

"No, Roanstar. Thank you, but no. I wouldn't like to have my Warrior vigil alone. I'd much rather spend it with Maplepaw and Tigerpaw" Ashpaw answered. Roanstar nodded with understanding. "Of course. But if you change your mind, come back to be. You are such an advanced apprentice, you make me proud" Roanstar purred.

Ashpaw dipped her head and padded put of his den. Roanstar watched her go and then rested his head on his paws.

THE NEXT DAY

"Roanstar, listen. It's been moons since Fallstar was killed. We need to figure out who did it" Roanstar's tail tip twitched irraitbly. "I understand your concerns, Ravenstrike. But it was most likely the rogues. And we will destroy them one day. Just be patient" He answered.

"Patient? You expect me to wait around and be patient? My kits aren't even safe in our own camp! They could attack at any moment. Besides, we don't know that the rogues killed her" Ravenstrike hissed.

"What else are we supposed to? Because if you have any suggestions, you can tell me" Roanstar spoke.  Ravenstrike went quiet. "Mhm, thats what I thought" Roanstar brushed passed his nephew and trudged away to the fresh-kill pile with a grunt.