Chapter 23

Lilypaw was restocking the herb store. It had been nearly two moons since Starclan had delivered the prophecy to her. She never forgot about it, and it always kept her up at night. She padded out of the Medicine den, twitching the tip of her ear. She watched as Ashpaw bounded into camp, holding a crow in her jaws. She set it down at the fresh-kill pile. "We passed! We are becoming Warriors"! Ashpaw exclaimed. Tigerpaw and Maplepaw came into camp, each holding a thrush.

"We'll see" Said Roanstar, following them into camp with Silverpool and Eagleheart behind him. They all padded towards his den. Lilypaw blinked, waiting until they came out. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath Highfall for a clan meeting"! Roanstar yowled as he leapted onto Highfall. Lilypaw watched as Rollfeather, and the deputy, Pebblefur, padded out of the nursery with their kits. Moonfrost and Pilotsky stopped sharing tongues and got up, their eyes shining proudly for their kits.

Ashpaw, Tigerpaw and Maplepaw went up to the front, their tails waving behind them. "I, Roanstar, leader of Fallclan, call upon my Warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice's. They have trained hard to understand the ways if your noble code, and I commend them to you as a Warrior in their turn. Ashpaw, Tigerpaw, and Maplepaw. Do you promise to uphold the Warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life"?

The three all said yes.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your Warrior names. Ashpaw, Tigerpaw and Maple, from this moment on you will be known as Ashpool, Tigerstorm and Maplefoot. Starclan honors your determination and spirit,  and we welcome you as a full Warrior of Fallclan" He rested his muzzle on Ashpool's head, who licks his shoulder. He repeats this with Tigerstorm and Maplefoot.

"Tigerstorm! Tigerstorm! Ashpool! Ashpool! Maplefoot! Maplefoot"!

"Thank you, this Clan meeting is over"!

Lilypaw eyes went wide. She hoped her Medicine cat ceremony would be just as exciting as this. As all the cats headed towards their dens, Lilypaw watched Ashpool, Tigerstorm and Maplefoot sit down in the middle of camp, watching the entrance. They would have to do their Warrior vigil all night long. Lilypae went back to inside the Medicine den, purring softly as she curled up in her nest. She felt Lemonseed lay down beside her, and on her other side was Fieldclaw.

Then she fell asleep.