Chapter 42: Desolation

Y/N's POV

Y/N:  "Who disturbs me from my meditation?" you try to say menacingly.

Raven:  "I thought you were napping. Oh well. Training time Y/N."

Raven agreed to train with you since you're mostly healed by now. You need to get stronger to defeat Loke. She's as strong as Qrow, so she's a good partner.

Raven:  "Again!"

You swing at her, leaving little time to block. The entire camp is watching your spar with her. At first, they didn't trust you, but due to how hard of a time you're giving their leader, they're learned to both fear and respect you.

After some time, the two of you stop.

Y/N:  "Wanna take a break?"

Raven:  "Getting tuckered out? Past your bedtime?"

Y/N:  "No, but I think you should change clothes."

Raven:  "What?"

She's surprised as a portion of her clothing falls off.

Raven:  "When did you-?"

Y/N:  "During the fight. It took me months to get that one down."

Raven:  "Why?" she asks while covering herself up.

Y/N:  "Why not?"

Oscar's POV

Oscar: "I suppose it's time."

Having made the decision to go to Haven at Ozpin's request, Oscar gathers his things and leaves his simple life.

As he's walking along the road away from the only home he's ever known, Ozpin speaks.

Ozpin: 'I'm sorry.'

Oscar: "Y'know, the weirdest part is how it feels. Leaving home is crazy. Going to the city is crazy. Everything you've told me is completely crazy. But... it doesn't feel crazy anymore. It feels like I'm doing the right thing."

Ozpin: "Well... I suppose that's good."

Oscar: "No. It's scary."

Clouds blacken the sky and he hears thunder. He hurried along and eventually makes it to a train station, taking cover. He goes up the to ticket machine and scans his card. However, he doesn't have enough money it seems.

Oscar: "Stupid thing. I'm assuming whatever weird magic this is doesn't come with an infinite supply of money?"

Ozpin: 'I'm afraid you'll have to solve this one on your own- be on your guard.'

Oscar: "What do you mean?"

Hazel: "Here."

A beast of a man walks up to the machine and hits it hard. A ticket comes out for Oscar, who grabs it. The man walks away as suddenly as he came, but not before imparting some advice."

Hazel: "Don't let such a small obstacle block your path."

He walks out of sight.

Oscar: "That man... I felt... Who is he?"

Ozpin: 'Someone from my past. Someone who should not be taken lightly.'

Ruby's POV

Arriving in Kuroyuri, Jaune and Ruby start looking for medical supplies for Qrow.

Ruby: "Any of these places look like a pharmacy?"

Jaune: "Honestly, it's hard to tell."

Ruby: "Ren really didn't want to come here, did he?"