Chapter 45: Welcome to Haven

Qrow: "The City of Mistral..."

Nora: "Ugh! It's about time! Whose idea was it to walk again?"

Qrow, Ruby, Nora, Jaune, and Ren were walking through an underground tunnel to get to Haven Academy, their destination, after resting for a bit.

Ren: "Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements."

Jaune: "Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to MURDER US?"

Ruby: "Pfft! We were fine! Only one of us almost died!"

Qrow: "Hey hey, now."

Jaune: "So how much farther to Haven Academy?"

Qrow: "Almost there. Kind of figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route."

They come to a door and Qrow opens it. Ruby runs out to see the city and all it's natural splendor, followed by the rest.

 Ruby runs out to see the city and all it's natural splendor, followed by the rest

Ruby: "This. Is. Awesome!"

Qrow: "Well, it's certainly something."

Ruby: "Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!" she says pointing to the shops.

Qrow: "Vendors here will sell you just about anything, whether they should or not."

Jaune: "They really made the most out of these mountains."

Qrow: "Every inch. And stay away from the lower levels, but the higher up you go, the nicer it gets."

Nora: "And we are going up!"

Weiss's POV

Weiss is currently in a cargo ship headed for Mistral.

Weiss: "So, how much farther?"

Pilot: "We're in the home stretch now. No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic around northern Anima."

Weiss: "It's fine. I... just hope I haven't been a burden."

Pilot: "You and your money are more than welcome on this ship, kid."

Some static is heard from the radio, causing a bit of bit confusion. The pilot starts messing with the frequency to try to get a clearer broadcast.

Weiss: "Is... everything okay?"

Pilot: "I don't know. We're still over Lake Matsu. Shouldn't be picking up broadcast this far from Mistral. Someone must be close."

Radio: "Mayday, mayday! We are a small passenger flight, and our huntress is down! We aren't equipped to deal with this!"

Pilot: "Oh, man."

Radio: "The Grimm hit us 400 klicks north of the southern shoreline!" An explosion goes off on the other end of the broadcast. "AHH! Get them off us! If anyone can hear this-" Another explosion occurs and the pilot turns off the radio.