Strangled

...Turned out it wasn't a single place. They were moving. On a boat. It sped through the water, further and further away from land. America huffed, looking to the front of the boat. Russia sat there, looking to his right, the ears of his ushanka moving with the wind.

America grinned and tried standing where he was, making his way towards Russia in his own time. Once he was beside Russia, he looked up to him, and hummed to grab his attention.

Russia held his ushanka and looked down to America, smirking, the turning his gaze forward. America looked to the same direction, hugging himself as the wind blew past his arms. He had noticed the many fishing nets piled along the back of the boat.

Russia took notice how America seemed cold, and rolled his eyes. He picked America up and placed America in front of him, hoping to shelter him from the wind a little bit more. Russia held America's shoulders, America leaned back on Russia.

"So," America tried to shout to Russia in the wind, "What's happening with.. us? This?"

Russia couldn't hear America well, unfortunately. His voice was lost in the wind, as well as America's.

"Russia!" America shouted to him, "Hey, can you hear me?"

Russia just blinked, only hearing muffled noises from America. America huffed, taking Russia's answer as a no.

Suddenly, a large wave rolled beneath the boat, making America stumble forward, and fall amongst the fishing nets. Russia fell forward too, but by not as much as America did.

America chuckled and placed his hands beneath him, trying to push himself from the pile of nets. He stopped once he realised he was tangled up somehow, tried sitting up, but instantly regretted it as he fell back down - the net was around his neck, it felt as though it was tightening the more he tried to tug it from himself.

America felt another pair of hands tear at the net, his teary eyes opened to Russia, panicking and his eyes wide open.

"Wait-" America could make out Russia trying to shout something, but only picked up a single word. America became dizzy as the net strangled him further, Russia trying his hardest to stop it, to get rid of the net.

America couldn't concentrate on a single thing. His thoughts were slurred, as he began to black out, having trouble breathing.

Then, he just... Didn't breathe. A relief washed over him when he suddenly inhaled, a new place.