Run Over

America scrambled to his feet, suddenly wide awake. He immediately felt cold rain hit his shoulders, and wet concrete beneath him. He looked around, only just seeing Russia on the other side of the road, staring right back at him.

"Russ-" America coughed, pushing his glasses further up his face, "Hey, I'm gonna come get you-"

"No, you should not," Russia shook his head holding his palms towards America, "We are on street, dumbass. What do you think drives on roads?"

America scoffed, agreeing with Russia the slightest bit. But, one or the other had to die eventually. And America had assumed it was Russia who had died last time - after all, he could faintly see Russia clutching his own shoulder.

"What happened last time?" America asked Russia, raising his voice an octave, "How long was I out for?"

"I was sniped," Russia called back to America, "You were out for.. twenty minute? Yes, sounds correct.." Russia lied to try and help America feel more satisfied, when it was all of a few minutes.

"I-I'm still kinda tired," America chuckled, faking it, "You sure it was twenty minutes?"

"Very sure, yes," Russia quickly replied, causing America to hum in response. America looked left and right - he could barely see anything further than a few metres, the fog was a little but too thick.

The silence broke between them. The only sounds were the rain hitting the road. The sidewalk. They felt cold droplets land on their heads and shoulders.

America hugged himself and rubbed his legs together, the cold got the best of him. Russia however, just stood there, unfazed. He was mostly a cold country, after all - which America had learnt before, when they were thrown into a simulation of a blizzard.

"I forgot to explain something," Russia looked to America, "It is.. important. Or at least, it will answer a question or two."

"I.. I can't hear you," America stuttered, sinking down further, "I should j-just come over there.. right?"

Before America could take a full step forward, Russia yelled at him to stop.

"Nevermind!" Russia shook his head, "I can tell you later, yes! I can!"

America slowly, but hesitantly, shook his head. Russia's shoulders dropped - he wouldn't be able to topple America's courage any time soon.

"I don't care what you say," America cried, taking his first step on the road, bringing a puddle up, "This is about, well, all of this! And that, to me, is seriously important!"

"America.." Russia felt a tingle from his feet to the top of his head. His grip weakened on his shoulder, as he watched America take slow, but confident, marches, the tingles came back each time he heard the splash of a puddle.

America wavered, making Russia stop himself from leaping forward, picking his balance up and starting back towards Russia.

A pair of headlights suddenly made an appearance in the fog. Russia's eyes widened, as he shouted America's name. America slowly, taking his time, looked up and saw a truck becoming more and more visible.

Thud.

Russia's heart was racing. But he wasn't in the same place anymore; oh, no. Far from it.