Epilogue

16 years later...

Sadie

Lizzy 

Lizzy 

"Mom, can you come help me do my hair and makeup?" Sadie asked.

It was the girls' homecoming dance and it also happened to be the first year Sadie had a date to the dance.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I got off the couch where Tom and I were watching tv.

"Darling, you don't need makeup." Tom yelled to Sadie.

"You don't understand dad! I have to impress Ryan!"

"I still don't agree with her going with a guy to the dance." Tom mumbled to me.

"Oh hush. She's turning into a young woman. They both are."

"Lizzy isn't dating though."

"Because she hasn't found the one yet honey." I rolled my eyes at him and walked up the stairs.

After the girls left, I walked back to the living room where Tom has pulled out some photo albums.

"Can you believe the girls are already 16?"

"I know. It feels just like yesterday they were born." I replied.

Tom pulled out a picture and chuckled.

"Remember this?"

"When you tried to back a cake for our anniversary and got the help of our two 3 year old girls to help? Yeah, I had to spend the rest of the day cleaning up the kitchen and the girls' hair. Best anniversary ever."

"We should have another one."

"Tom, we've been over this. No. Especially not now. I'm not starting over when we have two children almost out of the house."

"Fine!" Tom groaned, resulting in me chuckling.

I pulled out another picture.

"Remember when you shaved your head for Cherry and when you came home, the girls freaked out and cried?" I said laughing.

"It took me an hour to convince them I was their dad." Tom said laughing as well.

Tom and I calmed down then looked at each other smiling.

"We did well raising them." I said.

"We did. They turned out to be amazing girls. Just like their mother."

"I love you."

"I love you too darling. These past 16 years have been amazing."

"They have been. A few bumps in the road but still amazing. And I wouldn't change it for the world."