Chapter 5

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the clock. It was already 9 am. I should probably get up.
It was Saturday today, which meant that Rafael and Jane were back since yesterday. I decided to not go to them immediatly. They must be tired after their honeymoon.
I got up, put on some clothes and went outside to the grocery shop.

***

I drove my car into the parking lot and before I got out I checked my shopping list. I didn't need much but I thought it would be smarter to shop already because my food was almost up and in case Jane and Rafael would come over I had enough.

I walked over to the store and just then I saw Jane walking out of the door with Mateo. She made eye-contact with me, I saw that very clearly but immediatly looked away and pulled Mateo with her.

"Jane." I called for her but she kept walking and I knew she could hear me. I wondered what was wrong.

"Jane" I called again, this time a little louder. Still nothing...

Ouch, this hurted. Were they mad at me again? But why? I didn't get it. So I went back to my car and drove somewhere I knew I shouldn't be. As I pulled up at Rafael's house I saw that Jane was not there yet.

I got out of the car and rang the doorbel. The door swung open and Rafael appeared.

"Hi." I said.

"Oh... hi. What do you want?" He sounded distant.

"I was wondering how you were, after your honeymoon?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, we're great but I'm really tired so I'm gonna rest a little longer" he said. I couldn't bear not knowing what was going on.

"Rafael? What's wrong? Why are you so distant and why did Jane practically ran away when she saw me?"

"Look, we're just having a hard time forgetting all the things you did to us." Wow, this got me hard.

I looked at him with attitude. "You mean, me giving up Rose for your happiness?"

"Luisa, that's not what this is about!"

"Then what is it about?"

"It's about you dating Rose for so long and hurting us and our family. Who knows you're going to fall back and fall in love with someone else like that?"

"Because I've changed!" The tears were already rolling down my cheeks. "I thought pushing Rose was enough to prove that."

"Sorry Luisa... I just can't forget. I invited you at our wedding because that was the least I could do for you saving us but that's enough. That was it. Could you please leave now. I need to go somewhere."

Without saying another word I left. This had happened too much, it already felt familiar just like the salty taste of my tears.

I got back into my car and drove back to the grocery shop.

Getting there I took the food I needed and a few bottles of vodka too. I knew it wasn't a good idea but I couldn't help it. How could he forget everything I gave up for him? It hurted too much.

I wasted no time driving back home. I wanted to be there as quickly as possible just to be alone and get drunk to forget about everything. It had been so long since I've drinked last and I never felt like doing it again until now. Until I realized that now I was all alone. I didn't have my brother and his family. I didn't have Rose and that was my fault because once again, I made the mistake to put Rafael on the first place. Before Rose... Before myself.

***

It didn't take me long to get home. I went into my bedroom with my bottles alcohol and started drinking. After 20 minutes my first bottle was empty. It was weird drinking again but not really.

I decided to go to a bar. At least there I could completely forget about everything.

I got into my car and drove to a bar not too far. I knew it wouldn't be smart to drive so far because I was already quite drunk.

***

I walked in and heard some music. There were a lot of people but that didn't matter to me. I went to the bar and ordered a drink.

"A bacardi-coke please." The bartender nodded and not much later he shove it in front of me.

I looked at it for a second before drinking it.

Not much later I decided to order another one, and another one until after what felt like 5 minutes the bartender told me they were closing.

It sucked pretty much but I decided to go out and just go back home. I was pretty exhausted. When I went outside I felt like I was pretty good for how much I drank. I stopped at the red light what turned onto green so I started to walk across the street, but when I was almost at the other side I felt my phone sliding out of my pocket, falling on the ground. I turned around and bend over to the cold street. But suddenly I was getting dizzy and lost my balance. My skin touched the cold floor.

Before getting up I took my phone and placed it back into my pocket. Trying to get up I kept falling back on the ground. I wasn't able to help myself up. The light went back to red and a few seconds later the other cars could drive. I was lucky that there weren't that much cars on this hour but I still wasn't able to get myself up. I tried but I kept falling back. Suddenly I saw 2 light coming from a distance. They were coming closer so fast and within 5 seconds they were at about 300 feet away. I kept trying to get up but how closer the car came, how more nervous I became.

The car saw me and tried to brake but was too late...

Suddenly everything turned black.

I'm sorry for putting Luisa in this situation with Rafael and making her fall back into her old habit. I feel so bad for doing it, but it's pretty important for what's going to happen next.
What do you think will happen to her?
Thank you for reading!
Xxx