Chapter 22

ROSES POV

 I curled myself up next to Luisa and put my arm around her, silently crying into the crook of her neck. I couldn't believe what was happening, my sister did this. I thought she was the only person in our family who had been strong enough to not commit herself to crime. I was far off and I was mad. She hurt the only person I care about... Luisa. I could hear her heartbeat slow down and I knew she would have to leave, I just... wasn't ready. I grabbed her hand, whispering in her ear. "It's okay. You're okay, we're going to be okay." I knew it wasn't. She was going to be alright, she was leaving this horrible place. But I knew I would have to live with nothing to live for. I knew I would never forget her and never be able to love another person as much as I love Luisa and I knew life would turn grey. She was the color in my life, everything that made me happy and there was nothing I loved more than the brunette that still laid by my side this moment.

I was far away in my own headspace when I suddenly heard sirens. The police were there. I couldn't hear or feel Luisa's heartbeat anymore. I knew it was too late. I stayed next to her until I realized the police were coming closer and I promised Luisa to get out. I sat up, still holding Luisa's hand tight, tears flooding over my face. "Luisa, you were the most important person in my life. I've always loved you and I will always love you. You turned me into a better person, a version I like and I'm forever grateful for meeting you." I took a deep breath. "I have to walk away from you now, but I'm never really leaving you because I know I'll always carry you in my heart, you'll always be with me. Sleep tight, my love." I took my hands to the back of my neck, opening the lock of the silver necklace I was wearing and laid it into her hand, closing it carefully and giving her a kiss on her forehead before I stood up, leaving a few tears on her head. I heard the police arriving and I ran through the backdoor as fast as I could, into the woods that were laid behind the house.

***

Out of breath, I stopped running. I hadn't stopped crying and the wet tears on my face were getting cold. I stopped and turned around, screaming loudly into the distance. I lost everything. I lost my entire life. I crashed onto the ground, holding my legs to my chest, shaking. What do I do next? My life seemed to be perfect these last weeks, being with Luisa on my island. And then, I had to screw it up to go visit my sister. I would kill her. I would kill her if I hadn't turned into a better person.

My life meant nothing anymore and that moment, there, on the ground, I didn't care. I stayed there until the sun went under.

***

I walked between the flowers, my dress hanging loosely over my body. I knew Luisa would hate to see me like this, the way the colors in my eyes had faded, the way I never smiled anymore. It had been two weeks since that day and I was still not even a little better. I arrived at the stonen grave and lowered, laying the roses upon it and closing my eyes for a second, holding my hand on the cold stone.

"Hi, beautiful." I started. Tears were already popping up in the corner of my eyes. "I'm here."  I sat down, next to the grave, still having my hand upon it for some kind of connection. "I miss you Lu. I miss you so damn much... I... I don't even know who I am without you. I'm lost and it seems like I'm not able to find myself anymore. You were the most important person in my life and they took you away from me, ripping not just a piece of my heart out of my chest, but all of it." Tears were streaming over my cheeks. "I hope you're doing okay up there, I hope you have everything you want because I still want you to be happy. You're my everything and I still can't believe you're not here anymore. I wish I could hold you, kiss you, just touch you... I wanted to build a future with you so badly. Get married, have children, but all of that has been taken away from us, you needed to leave way too early. I want more time with you, to show you every day again how much I love you in which I will fail because there's no possible way to show you that because I love you too much." I swallowed and wiped my tears away. "You were a beautiful person and I'm glad I met you. You'll be alright and before you know it I will be there with you and we'll have all the time in the world, just the two of us... I promise you." I stood up and looked to the tree behind the grave. "I love you, Luisa. Never forget that." I wiped my tears away from all over my face and walked away.

There were times I would come back, to sit there and say nothing, it made me feel better but that place would never replace the perfect woman that laid there and wasn't at my side anymore.

THE END

Let's all appreciate the bridyara reunion we got yesterday so we're not too sad.