Chapter 16

I got out of the helicopter and saw the house I had been with Rose for the past few weeks. The sea was calm and knowing that I would see Rose made me nervous because I didn't know how she would react when she sees me again. The things I said really hurt her and I don't know if I could ever make that up.

I got closer to the house and I could feel my heart speed up. When I came to the door I stopped for a moment, hesitating. Should I just open the door or knock? I felt unsure about every move I made but chose to open the door.

I walked inside and saw that everything looked the same. Normally this would be a good sign to me, but now it wasn't. Everything was still the same. My note was still on the table which I guess meant that she hadn't seen it yet which meant that she hadn't been inside the whole time.

I had been away for only 2 days but in these circumstances, it felt like 100 years. Not coming home for 2 days is long when you just run away. 

Quickly I grabbed my phone and called Rose. I listened carefully to the ringing of my phone and with every sound it made I got more worried. Voicemail.

I decided to say something. "Rose," my voice was trembling with every word I said. "it's me... Luisa." Tears threatened to fall. "Baby please, I'm sorry for our last conversation. I went back to Rafael to help him get his life back together, but I won't ever leave you. Please Rose... I... I don't know what I would do without you, you know what happens every time. My life is fucked up. You seem to be the only good thing in it. I love you and I'm worried. Please call me back... please." I got support from the wall and slid down until I was sat on the floor, smashing my phone onto the floor and putting my head in my hands, crying.

***

I tried everything, I called her 52 times, she never answered. I even called some people she used to work with. They told me they hadn't heard from her for more than half a year. It seemed hopeless. It had been 26 hours now.

I got an email from Rafael but I hadn't been able to read it yet because my thoughts were with Rose. I lost all hope. I opened it and started reading to get my thoughts somewhere else.

Hi Lu,

I wanted to say thank you for helping me. I'm already a lot better and I can even see Mateo again.

Jane is still mad at me, but it's not as bad as before and I think she might be able to forgive me soon.

If you will ever visit again, you're welcome and I promise I will do better.

Rafael

Even though I was glad he was feeling better, I couldn't feel happy. I needed to know if Rose was alright.

That's when my phone rang. I jumped up and looked at the screen to see Rose's name. Quickly, I answered.

"Rose?" I asked.

"Yes." I had never felt so relieved to hear someone's voice over the phone.

I sighed. "Thank god you're okay." I said. "Rose, what happened? I was so worried about you. I called like 100 times."

"I'm sorry. I just..." she didn't finish her sentence. That's when I could hear her sobbing. She was crying.

"Rose? What's wrong." That's when I knew it. She's probably still mad at me for saying these things. "Look Rose, I'm sorry about the things I said. I really didn't mean the..." but I couldn't finish my sentence.

"No, Lu. It's not that." I sat down on the chair waiting for what she was about to say. "After we had that... fight, I left because I knew that it would be hard for me to act normal even when we talked about it and so I did what I always do. Run away from my problems. Anyway, I went to visit my sister." I focused on these last words. Rose has a sister? How did I not know that? 

"Wait, Rose. You have a sister? How come you never told me?" I asked confused.

"Well, I never talked to her a lot and she was the one who wasn't into illegal stuff. That's why I went to her. I needed advice because she was the only sane in our family and I needed someone to talk to." 

"What happened?" I asked.

"She totally shut me out. She said that if I wouldn't have started dealing drugs I would be safe and didn't have to live on an Island and she didn't even listen to me. I don't know why, because I barely talk to her or see her, but this really hurted." I nodded even though she couldn' see it. I knew what she was talking about.

"I know. I was going though the same thing with Rafael."

"Yeah, I know and about that Luisa, sorry for lashing out on you. I shouldn't have done that. I know that you love your brother, it just hurts me so much to see you get hurt every time again."

I smiled at that. "I know Rose, can you just come home soon? I miss you." 

"I'm on my way baby."

Hi! 

so, second update today, kinda proud tbh :)

In between the 2 updates a lot has changed in my life though and I'm happy about that.

There's also the fact that I can't leave my house for the following 3 weeks because Belgium is in lockdown. We love that. You may expect a lot of updates.

Idk why but I talk a lot about myself here, I'm sorry if you guys hate it, but it helps me. Just skip it if you don't like it lol.

Anyways, hope you liked it. 

Byeeee

XXX