Chapter 17

It's when I laid in bed and almost fell asleep that I heard the door crack. I jumped out of the bed and basically ran into the living room. 

That's when I saw her. Her eyes were all red and puffy so I guessed that when we called that hadn't been the only time she had been crying. I ran towards her and wrapped my arms tightly around her.

She laughed. "You missed me, huh." I just nodded and put my head on her shoulder, smelling her perfume. 

After a while, I pulled away. "How are you?" I could see that she had had a tough weekend.

She smiled. "I'm better now I see you." She walked into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water. "What happened here?" I looked questioningly at her. "While I was away, what did you do?"

We both sat down. "A lot. Do you have some time?" She nodded. "Well, after you left I was really mad at myself because I shouldn't have said these things which again I am truly sorry about. I wanted to know if there was a reason that you didn't want me to open that email so I opened it."

***

I told her the entire story and she stood up. "Luisa Alver, you are an amazing person and I love you." She took my face in her hands and kissed me. "I missed you too." I smiled.

"Now, what happened to you because when I came back and you weren't here I almost collapsed." She looked worried at me. 

"Oh Lu, I'm so sorry. I know I should've said anything but my phone died and I didn't bring a charger."

I smiled. "It's okay. You're here now."

We went to the bedroom to sit down and she started explaining everything. "After I left I needed some time to think so I went to my sister like I already told you." I nodded. I still couldn't imagine Rose having a sister. She never mentioned it and it came in as a surprise because when you know someone for almost 10 years you would think you know her family.  "Well, I went to her house and her husband opened the door. He didn't know me so I just told him I needed to talk to Cara." Her sister. "He told me to come in and the moment Cara saw me she started yelling at me and I had to go back outside. I asked her if we could talk but she said that I destroyed her life and I don't even know what I did. Yes, of course, I know that I fucked my own life up, but I didn't know what I did to hurt her." She stopped and took a deep breath.

"Did you ask her?" 

"No, she wouldn't let me." 

I looked at Rose's face. She looked so vulnerable and I didn't like seeing her like this. The first years that I had known her she wouldn't show any side of her that was more vulnerable because of her plan and I fell for that. I fell for that side of her because I knew that that was what I needed in my life, someone who is strong and can take care of me, but now that she is such a different person I see me falling for every other side that I get to see. However, that doesn't change that it hurts to see her like this because I just want her to be happy.

"Look, Rose. I know that family is very special and it hurts when they shut you out. I've been through that with Rafael for what feels like a thousand times. I think you just have to try to talk to her even though she doesn't want to listen, it's hard sometimes but you will have to fight through it and I promise you that everything will be alright." I took her into my embrace and caressed her hair. Even after all these years, I was still blown away by her hair, the way it curled, the red shade and the way it smelled. It was like a thousand flowers in mowed grass.

She pulled out and smiled at me. "Thanks Lu, I'll try." She took my head in her hands and kissed me softly while she pulled me farther upon the bed.

And that is where we will leave them alone... for now.

Hi everyone,

so I know that this chapter is shorter than the other ones but again, I'm not good at writing this kind of stuff so I'm truly sorry for that, but I promise that some drama will follow soon.

Also thanks Elise for choosing Rose's sister's name because I had like 0 inspiration.

Thanks for reading and see you soon!

XXX