nine

After a long ten hour flight, the gang was back in Australia. Alice was at the airport to drive Rosé back home, but everyone else took an Uber.

"I saw the news," Alice said to her sister. "I'm sorry that happened to you guys."

"It was bound to happen one of these days," Rosé waved her off.

"Is YG doing anything about it?"

"He's suing Dispatch and anyone who wrote articles on it. He's also making Jennie 'date' Jackson Wang to get the media off of her back."

"Oh, yeah, I saw."

Rosé raised her eyebrow, looking at her sister. "What do you mean you saw? They just met tonight."

"Well—I mean—"

"Alice, what are you talking about?"

"A few hours ago they were spotted being all lovey-dovey while going into some restaurant," Alice said, reluctantly.

"Being lovey-dovey how?" Rosé asked.

"You know, holding hands, longing looks...kissing..."

Rosé turned on her phone, looking at the pictures and videos. She shook her head, going to Jennie's contact.

rosie💞: so that's how we're doing it now?

j💘: huh? lol

rosie💞: "huh? lol" you didn't even tell me, jennie.

j💘: roseanne, what the hell are you talking about?

rosie💞: you and jackson?? kissed?? it's everywhere.

j💘: you're upset that we kissed?

rosie💞: yes.

j💘: that's literally what he's here for...to get the media off of our back?? come on, rosé.

rosie💞: i understand that, but you couldn't have let me know first?

j💘: we were on a date.

rosie💞: no, you were on a 'date.'

j💘: ok, roseanne.

j💘: it's four in the morning. i have other things to do than to keep up this petty argument with you.

rosie💞: there's literally no use lol

j💘: breaking up with me already? :(

rosie💞: fuck you

rosie💞: you have fun with jackson. try not to cheat on me while you're at it!

Rosé threw her phone in the backseat and leaned her head against the window.

"What happened?" Alice asked.

"She's antagonizing me."

"She's not going to cheat on you," Alice said. "She loves you too much. Just calm down and trust her."

"I really hope you're right."

"I'm always right."

"Ahuh," Rosé rolled her eyes.

The two girls rode in a comfortable silence until Alice pulled into the garage. She smiled at her sister and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You two will be okay," she said. "Now, go upstairs and try to get some rest."

Rosé smiled at her sister. She grabbed her phone out of the backseat, got out of the car and went straight to her room. She and Alice moved out of their parents house and bought one together. Alice was gone most of the time because she had to work, so Rosé was by herself most of the time.

She flopped down onto her bed and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She unlocked it to see she had a text from Jennie.

j💘: look, i'm sorry. i didn't mean for it to come out like that. i know i should've told you, but it hurts that you don't trust me with this.

rosie💞: it's not that i don't trust you, it's that i don't trust him.

j💘: jackson's a good guy, rosé. he himself said he's not here to replace you and would never try anything on me.

rosie💞: just be careful, please

j💘: i will.

j💘: i love you

rosie💞: i love you too

j💘: now, get some sleep. i'll talk to you tomorrow.

-

a/n: i thought you guys might want to see how things are going for rosé in australia so the next few chapters are going to be centered around her!

how do you guys think things are gonna turn out 😩