Chapter 12

Marinette yawned, the lines under her eyes deepening as she closed the door to her parent's bakery. She carefully stuck the key into the lock and turned it, almost excited to go home.

She slung her purse over her shoulder, the moonlight casting an eerie shadow against her. The blunette had expected Luka to swing by and pick her up. She was much too tired and walk home and she was almost too ansty to see Adrien.
She missed her family at home. Marinette couldn't help but to feel a little silly. She had only spent a few hours away from her family but she had missed them.
The blunette had purchsed purchased the sweets like Luka had suggested. She had planned to share some with Louis and Adrien.
Of course, Emma was much too young to eat cupcakes and cookies, but Marinette had some milk pumped and ready for her when she returned home.

The blunette waited on the curbside, her brow furrowing as Tikki shifted in her bag.
Marinette glanced down at her kwami curiously.

"Tikki? Are you alright?" She asked, watching the small creature poke her head out at the top of her bag.

The little kwami glanced down, lightly shaking her head.
"I...have a bad feeling...." Tikki told her. "Like something is wrong."

Marinette frowned, the female grabbing the purse and lifting it up to her face to get on eye level with Tikki.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked, her falling slightly as she worried for her kwami.

"Marinette!" A small voice called out to her from behind.
Blue eyes widened and the blunette very quickly turned over to see who had been calling her.

Tikki widened her eyes, immediately floating out of Marinette's bag to greet Plagg half way.

"Plagg? What's wrong? Why are you here?" Marinette asked the small creature, her brow furrowing with confusion as Tikki glanced at Plagg with a grimace. Marinette glanced around, her heart racing as it was quite weird to see the kwami but not the holder.

"W-Where's Adrien?" The female asked, glancing at Tikki who seemed to want to know the answer to that as well.

"I...I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen to me!" Plagg exclaimed, dropping Adrien's ring into his palm.

Marinette widened her eyes, her heart squeezing painfully in her chest at the sight of Adrien's ring in her palm.

  "Plagg. What happened to Adrien?" The female asked, her limbs feeling weak as her first instinct was transform  and go out and find him.

  Tikki glanced back at Marinette with wide eyes. "We have to find him!"

   Marinette felt panic rush through her  veins and without a second thought, the blunette had summoned Tikki into her earrings.

Plagg flinched at the pink flash that emanated between the both of them.
   The small kwami blinked, gasped as Ladybug wrapped her hand around him and wound up her yoyo.
  Plagg yelped, the small creature squirming in the tight grip of her hand as the heroine bounced from rooftop to rooftop.
_________________________________________

   "I'm so sorry-" Alya breathed, her eyes wide as Marinette dug through the empty sheets of her daughters empty crib.
    "I-I feel asleep by accident. I placed Emma to bed, I locked the doors and Louis was right beside me, playing on my phone-" Alya felt her heart sink, tears pooling in her eyes.

   Marinette felt her heart sink, her hands trembling as she tried to grasp what had happened.
   The female dug through her bag frantically, looking for her phone in a desperate attempt to contact Adrien.