Chapter Thirty Seven: Ultimatum

Athens

Athens.

A stunning city. A beauty that didn't have the heart to admire today. We'd be  exploring it, and I would be leading the group once again. But my mind just wasn't in it. The shuttle ride  was quiet, and I stared blankly out the window.

Wonho seemed to notice something was wrong with me, but he didn't do much aside from elbow me and offer me candy.

It was too early for candy, so I rejected it.

The entire car ride, I didn't dare glance back at Shownu; who was no doubt sitting alone in his usual spot. Eventually, the shuttle came to a spot, and we exited to the start off our tour. I didn't have the energy to lead the group today, but I had to do it anyway.

The entire tour, I kept my nose dug in this little folder filled with useless information. I spouted off the fact that were printed straight from Wikipedia.

"The heritage of the classical era is still evident in the city, represented by ancient monuments and works of art, the most famous of all being the Piraeus, considered a key landmark of early," I droned, blinking lazily as I walked along. It was surprising that I hadn't tripped yet, as I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking.

"Yuri, I need a break. My blush is fading," Jennie called out to e, holding up her Chanel mirror.

"And I have to pee," Jackson added, tossing away his can of Coca-Cola, that I wasn't sure how he got his hands on.

"Alright," I sighed, my arms falling to my sides, "We'll stop here."

I paused in front of the public bathroom, leaning against a wall under a sliver of shade. The day had barely begun, and I already wanted it to end. Hell, I wanted this seemingly perfect vacation to end. After the events of last night, all of my idealistic and romantic feelings had disappeared. Now I wished we never left Korea, then none of this useless drama would have happened.

My hope was to spend the next ten minutes lost in thought, but it sadly didn't go that way.

"Yuri, we should talk," Shownu muttered, grabbing my forearm tentatively to catch my attention. He was being discreet, voice low and hesitant, not wanting to start a scene outside the restroom, where tourists from all over the world were coming and going. Everyone else was ignorant to the immense tension between me and my boyfriend. I wish my problems were as menial as Jennie's, who was no doubt reapplying her Chanel blush.

The feelings of his hand gripping onto my arms was confusing. Part of me already misses his touch, but the other half didn't want him anywhere near me. My anger from last night was beyond control, though I wanted to get over these feelings. I never felt so betrayed without any definitive action being taken.

I mean, all Shownu did was snub me. All he did was worry about his friend. Sure, it seems like that at face value. But there were deeper issues behind that simple decision he mad.