Chapter Sixty Six: Wedding Bells

Back to Yuri's POV

From that night on, things started looking up. I woke up in Wonho's arms, and felt so warm and comforted. Yeah, he's strong. But he's also gentle.

I woke up first and tried to get up without waking him. I slowly slipped out of his arms and was just at the end of the bed, about to stand up, when I felt a grip on my wrist. Wonho woke up and was pouting at me. 

He was groggy, his hair messy. His voice comes out a little bit deeper. "Where are you going?"

"To make coffee." 

He pulled me back to bed, and I fell into his arms. Wonho held me close, taking a deep breath. I started to blush at our closeness. I wasn't sure I would ever get used to being around him. He was so intimating.

Finally he let me go, sitting up, "Okay, let's go have breakfast." 

When I entered the kitchen, I spotted a foreign object set on the counter. 

It was a rabbit cage. A small, fluffy bunny was scurrying around inside.

 A small, fluffy bunny was scurrying around inside

"Did you... buy a rabbit?" I asked slowly, eye locked with the tiny critter.

"Something like that. Everyone should have at least one pet, right?"

"I guess," I replied.

I would have much rather had a dog. Though, bunnies were equally as cute. I just never imagined Wonho wanting and owning a bunny. 

"What's its name?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I haven't decided yet."

That's no good. Every pet deserves a name. 

"What about Monbebe?" 

"Monbebe..." I repeated the word. It had a good ring to it, was very cute. And it suited the tiny animal. 

"I was thinking about it on the drive home after I kidn-" he cleared his throat, "I mean bought the bunny. Monbebe means 'my baby' in French."

I smiled, nodding. The name was perfect. And I was excited to eventually hold the rabbit, but now wasn't the time.

My attention was then directed to the espresso machine. I turned it on and waited for it to preheat. For a moment, I zoned out, my mind elsewhere. 

The feeling of Wonho's arms wrapping around me unexpectedly caused me to jump, startled. I lost balance momentarily, his grip tightened around my waist to keep me from falling over. He set his head on my should, chuckling lightly.

"Hey!" I squeaked.

"Show me how you do it," he breathed.

Heat creeped up my face, and I nodded, still flustered.

'Play it cool.'

My hands lightly trembled from nerves as I went through the motions. Grinding the espresso, measuring out the grounds, and pulling the shots of espresso.