Chapter 34

Retributed: Chapter 34

~A Couple Days Later~
~Trey P.O.V.~

It's been a rough couple of days for me. I couldn't even really remember what I had been doing, instead just living in the moment I guess. Everyone had been trying to talk to me but I just didn't feel close enough to anyone in the family at the moment... aside from Breezy and Yvonne. Those two have opened their home to me despite what had been going on and for that it just made me feel like these two are the only people I can confide in.

"Good Morning, Trey." Yvonne's voice rang as she opened the sliding back door and came out to join me in the backyard. Cocoa Butter went zooming by to run around outside and it was cute to see her hopping among the tall grass in their backyard. "How are you feeling today?" She took a seat in the brown wicker chair next to mine. Her fuzzy soft pink robe wrapped tight around her body, she held out a cup for me and I took it.

"I'm feelin' the same as yesterday. Thank you for the coffee."

"It's decaf by the way and do you have any plans for today? I think maybe you should go out. Sit at the beach? Go on a hike? Take a walk to the courts and catch a game even? Just something to change up your routine." She said pushing her long dark hair behind her ears.

"I don't know. I just... I can't explain-"

"Mom, I'm heading out with Junior. I'll be home later." Breezon called out as he came down the stairs. "Aye Uncle T." He said to me but since I was in mid sip of my coffee, I just chucked up the deuces. 

"Okay, have fun and be safe. See you later." She called back out to him. "I'm sorry, continue." I liked how Yvonne dedicated her full attention to me when I was speaking with her. It was real genuine, like she actually cared to listen, not just bit her lip and dealt with me. I think that's why Breezy fell in love with her. Not for her looks, not for her career or connections but at how natural her generosity is. Breezy is has a big heart too and that's why they get along as well as they do. I'm thinking too much into it but it was a nice realization I came to.

"No need to be sorry, that's your son. But I just can't explain how I feel. I want to talk to Ivanna but at the same time it's probably too soon as I bet she's shaken up still. I guess I tried to kill Breezy but it didn't shake him up, the nigga put me in his home right after but that's because we grew up seeing this. For someone like Ivanna who hadn't seen the full picture of this life, I can only imagine how she's trying to process this and by no means is my actions excused. What I did is beyond horrible and I wish I could take it all back." I took another eager sip of the hot coffee, it burned but not enough to be painful. It was black like how I liked it and I really do appreciate the hospitality that Vonnie and Breezy extended to me, not sure how I'll ever be able to repay them back for all this.

"Life itself is hard and we all have to deal with the outcomes of our decisions. Some outcomes are great, for me having been involved with Chris gave me the outcome of two beautiful children, but the other outcome of being involved with him also made me lose one of those beautiful children but that was always a possibility when I chose to share my life with Chris. The moral of that is you're not the only one who made a life changing decision in hopes for the better but it's the little decisions within that big one that can lead to devastating consequences." She explained in a tone of soothing patience. "At least you're aware of what you did and you recognize that it was a poor decision. You're feeling guilt and are ashamed, which means you understand and are taking full responsibility and not trying to blame it on others or outside factors, and that's a big step in the right direction."

"Thank you for giving me that insight. I appreciate you're not just grilling me and scolding me even though I deserve that. What do I do about Ivanna though?"