Chapter 41

Retributed: Chapter 41

~Breezy P.O.V.~

I don't think I've felt this relaxed and  happy in a long ass time. Not only was I spendin' the night with my brother but then Nicole showed u, she's someone I haven't really spent much time with lately so it was nice to be around her. In a sense it was a fresh face to see and a new personality to be around. I wish more people stopped by but I know it was short notice when we told everyone what we were doing, so the fact at least Nicole was here with us, I couldn't complain. 

Trey had decided to call it a night and that now left Nicole and I out here in his backyard. The vibes were real good between us, she's always been real easy to talk to so conversations just naturally flowed from one to another, never getting stale and thankfully there were no periods of silence. I wouldn't say we were drunk but I could feel the alcohol goin' to my head by this point. I'm sure she was feelin' it too because this female can drink, I ain't think she had it in her but she did.So good on her for holdin' her own. 

"You finished with that one too?" I asked as she threw her head back to get every last drop of that beer out of the bottle. "Yeah girl, get it. Don't let none of that go to waste." I teased, making her laugh as she brought the empty bottle back down.

"Stop, I almost choked from laughing." She said when she managed to clear her throat. Pushing her jet black hair loose curly out of her face and bringing her deep blue eyes up to mine, she seemed nervous by me staring back at her, so she broke our stare. "Well I think since Trey went to bed, we should probably get going too." 

"Yeah, you're right. Let's clean up and then head out." She gave a nod and the both of us began gathering the bottles that were around us. When she bent down to pick up the one that rolled under her chair, I caught a glimpse at the black lace thong that poked through her light pink shorts... I mean like, damn, aight.  She stumbled a bit but was able to quickly catch herself on the armrest of the chair. "You good, there? A little too much to drink huh?"

"I'm fine, I just stood up too fast." She assured me with a chuckle as she continued to do her thing. I just shook my head and after a few short minutes, when we had all the bottles, we threw them away in his garbage can and headed out the side gate. I made sure that shit was latched and now we were walking down the driveway towards my car.

"So did you drive here or what?" I asked her, kinda stupid to ask because I clearly didn't see her car here. That was a slow moment for me, I need a second to get caught up to the speed of life. "Oh shit, ignore that. Bruh you walked here." The adorable laugh that came out of her instantly had me amused... do it again, that shit was cute. "I'll walk you back home, though."

"Breezy, I'm more than fine walking myself down three houses." She said but I grabbed her by the arm, motioning for her to start walking. "I'm serious, I know how to get back to my house."

"I can't just let you walk home alone, you look like you're struggling to walk. It's left foot, right foot and repeat. One before the other." I continued to tease as the both of us continued on the short journey back to her house. "Nitty gonna be asleep?"

"He's not at my house, he's back at his."

"You said y'all lived-"

"It's a very complicated situation he and I are in. Its best to not think about it, trust me on this one." She said and I'm so confused on what the fuck type of a relationship that is. I'm shook, whole time I legit thought they were together and doing good but she shot that thought with an arrow and killed it. I know she said not to think about it but how could I not? I want to understand what the hell it is and this short walk wasn't long enough for me to try to process what the hell she involved in because we were now at the end of her driveway.