Chapter 36

Retributed: Chapter 36

~Lexis P.O.V.~

He and I stared at each other for what felt like a lifetime... I was speechless, my brain was struggling to try to formulate words. I don't believe this, there is no way I'm looking at Achillios... in his mansion. I feel like I'm standing with such an OG right now, this was a man who rolled with Rommel long before I was even born, like he personally associated with him right at the start of what was to be IRG. 

"What the fuck." I finally said. "I mean, Sage is good as ever. He's out of prison- been out for such a long time and I don't know if you ever met his wife but he's still riding with her too." He motioned for me to take a seat in the chairs that were in this entry room kind of- I don't even know what to call this room but there were chairs and I sat down while he went to his little cart of booze that was off to the side. Pouring what looked like gin into a glass, he made himself one and of course for me, handing me my glass and then taking his seat in the chair near me. He looked similar to Sage, obviously older but there were a few features that differed. "What the hell is even going on." 

"He's out? Thank God he is, I kind of figured he should be by now. I never met his wife, I heard her name was Tiffany though." I nodded. "Do they have any kids?" 

"Not biological ones but Sage stepped in to be a father figure to Varo so all of Varo's kids refer to him as Grandpa Sage." I hate how my memory of Achillios was so chopped and screwed by this point in my life. I only saw this man one time when I was probably eight and only knew of his existence through word of mouth by Rommel and sometimes D-Dot but Sage never mentioned to us when we were kids that he had any siblings. His hair fully grey and even facial hair but he didn't looked real close to Sage's age and I'm just full of so many questions. 

"He has Grandkids? wow, I'm happy for him. What about Sophia? I haven't heard anything about our sister since the day before I left." He had a warm smile on his face, so genuinely intrigued to hear what I had to say just as I was intrigued by him. This is two individuals who are representing two generations of IRG in the same room, face to face and sharing a drink... Wow. 

"You'll have to ask Sage, I know nothing about her, I'm sorry." He gave a slow nod. "What made you decide to reach out to me after all these years? Where were you? Why did you leave? What the hell really happened from the time I was jumped in with Varo to when Rommel died?" I asked, taking a long sip of this- it was gin and I wasn't even mad about it. 

"A lot had been goin' on. I can't say much only because I wasn't there for all of it. Rommel went downhill when he learned about Trell being murdered, when he started dabbling into dangerous drugs and there was a conflict that happened between him and Jackie- which is Varo's Mom, right?" I nodded. "I don't know what that was but after those three things, he just lost touch with reality. I left because there was a hit on me, I massacred a majority of the gang that was allegedly responsible for murdering Trell and they were pissed but at that time I didn't say I was affiliated with Rommel because I didn't want to drag him into another war when we weren't ready. I acted alone and there was a big reward for my head to be served on a platter so I took off to Canada without a word other than to Sage. All I said was Canada was callin' my name and I left. After some years, I came back to Oakland to see what had been going on and that's when I learned Rommel died. I went to find D-Dot to ask what the fuck happened because I thought he would have been next to run IRG. Found out he killed himself right after he learned of Rommel's death. So then I was told, a fourteen year old kid was running IRG-  I thought it was Varo because of the rumors that Jackie and him had a kid but it wasn't Varo who was running it, it was you. Learned Slick was dead too and that Sage was locked up- everything was crazy so I left because I felt there was nothing left for me in Oakland." He threw back a big gulp of his drink and set the glass down on the arm rest of his chair.